|Full name||Paul Steven Wanless|
|Date of birth||14 December 1973|
|Place of birth||Banbury, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2005–2007||Forest Green Rovers||38||(0)|
|2007||Forest Green Rovers (caretaker)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 July 2010.
† Appearances (Goals).
Paul Steven Wanless (born 14 December 1973 in Banbury) is an English former professional footballer who played in the Football League as a midfielder for Oxford United, Lincoln City and Cambridge United.
Wanless began his career as a trainee at Oxford United, coming through the ranks to make a handful of first team appearances before moving to Lincoln City in 1995 on a free transfer. His chances with Lincoln were limited and he spent some time out on loan at non-league side Woking.
Wanless then left Lincoln and moved to Cambridge United, where he made nearly 350 appearances in all competitions over a seven-year period and became club captain. A return into his first club, Oxford United, in 2003 saw him make more than 60 appearances in his last spell in the Football League.
In 2005 Wanless then moved to Conference National side Forest Green Rovers where he was a pivotal part of Rovers' successful relegation battle, finishing the season as top scorer despite playing in midfield. As a result he was voted supporters' player of the year.
Wanless had a short spell as caretaker manager of Forest Green in 2007 when Gary Owers left the club, during which he took control of two matches, both drawn. After spending a season as assistant to the new manager, Jim Harvey, he left Forest Green in May 2007 and moved to the Welsh Premier League as player-coach at Llanelli. He was then made assistant manager, and coached the side in the Uefa Champions League in a qualifying match against the Latvian champions, FK Ventspils, but left the club after two years when manager Andy Legg appointed Steve Jenkins as his assistant.
- "Paul Wanless 1995/96". The Lincoln City FC Archive. Lincoln City F.C. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Welsh Premier career details for Paul Wanless". Welsh Premier League. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Paul Wanless". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Paul Wanless agrees Oxford City deal". BBC Sport. 23 June 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
- Phillips, Terry (17 June 2007). "Reds head to Lithuania for InterToto Cup". South Wales Echo. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Ex Welsh Cap Jenkins Named Legg's Assistant". Welsh Premier League. 7 May 2009. Retrieved 15 November 2009.