|Paul David Washer|
|Education||Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary|
|Occupation||Founder/Director, Missions Coordinator|
Paul David Washer (born 1961) is the Founder/Director & Missions Coordinator of HeartCry Missionary Society which supports indigenous missionary work. Washer's sermons tend to have an evangelistic focus on the gospel and the doctrine of the assurance of salvation and predestination, and he frequently speaks against practices such as the sinner's prayer, and a focus on numerical church growth.
Washer says he had a born again experience while studying to become an oil and gas lawyer at the University of Texas. Upon graduation, he attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and achieved a Master of Divinity degree. He moved to Peru where he became a missionary proclaiming the gospel for 10 years, after which time he returned to the United States. Washer resides in Radford, VA, where he lives with his wife and three children.
He believes that no one can be saved unless repentance from and a turning away from sin is actually apparent as a result of their profession of faith, thereby testifying to the new nature that a Christian receives upon conversion. He defines a Christian as one who continues to grow in repentance in addition to placing their trust in Christ. Although Washer admits that no repentance is perfect, he affirms that a genuinely born-again believer will continue to bear fruit of repentance, holiness, and love for God until they are no longer able to do so. He became convinced that easy-believism permeated the world and that those who had said a prayer or believed in Jesus without walking in step with what the Bible teaches about "Abiding in Christ" (John 15) and being obedient, were genuinely at risk of not having been actually converted. He then decided to take this belief to others. He described himself as a 5-point Spurgeonist.
- Washer, Paul (2004). The One True God. HeartCry Missionary Society. ISBN 978-0-9770234-0-0.
- ——— (2009). Truth About Man. Granted Ministries Press. ISBN 978-0-9817321-1-4.
- ——— (2012). The Gospel's Power and Message. Recovering the Gospel. Reformation Heritage Books. ISBN 978-1-60178-195-6.
- HeartCry Missionary Society.
- "Staff", About us, HeartCry Missionary Society.
- Paul Washer (account), Twitter.
- Page before inside title lists two other books in the series; the preface is a "Series Preface"; and the last page in the book is an advertisement for the forthcoming books.
- The Gospel's Power and Message, Heritage Books.
- HeartCry Missionary Organization (official site).
- Shocking Message (transcript), ScribD.
- Washer, Paul (2009-05-05), Regeneration vs. Idolatry of Decisional Evangelism (transcript).
- ——— (2009-05-05), Ten indictments (video & transcript), Adidab.
- ———, Bible Study Video Series, Google You Tube.
- Truth About Man (online workbook), HeartCry.
- Washer (biography), HC missions
- Paul Washer (biography), Theopedia.