Paul Wesley at the 2012 Comic-Con in San Diego.
July 23, 1982
New Brunswick, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, director|
|Notable work(s)||The Vampire Diaries|
|Spouse(s)||Torrey DeVitto (m. 2011–13)|
Paul Wesley (born Paul Wasilewski; July 23, 1982) is a Polish-American actor, director,  and former model best known for his roles as Stefan Salvatore in The CW television drama The Vampire Diaries and as Aaron Corbett in the ABC Family miniseries Fallen.
Wesley was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, to Polish parents Thomas and Agnieszka Wasilewski, and grew up in Marlboro Township, New Jersey. He has one older sister, Monika, and two younger sisters, Julia and Leah. In addition to English, he also knows Polish, having spent four months every year in Poland until the age of 16.
Wesley attended Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey and Marlboro High School for a period during his high school years. During his junior year in high school, Wesley was cast in the soap opera Guiding Light as character Max Nickerson. He transferred from Marlboro High School to Lakewood Prep School in Howell, New Jersey because the school was able to accommodate his acting schedule. He graduated from there in 2000 and then started college at Rutgers University in New Jersey but left after one semester with his parents' support when more roles were offered to him, and he realized he could make a career out of acting.
In 2005, he began to credit himself as Paul Wesley. When asked why he changed his professional name to Paul Wesley, he replied, "My birthname is too hard to pronounce! I asked my family's permission to change it, and it really helped my career."
He has had a number of roles on shows such as 24, 8 Simple Rules, American Dreams, Army Wives, Cane, Everwood, Guiding Light, Smallville, The O.C. and Wolf Lake. He also starred opposite Amber Tamblyn in CBS' The Russell Girl and had the lead role in Fallen miniseries.
He also had a role in Roll Bounce starring Bow Wow. Wesley is currently starring as vampire Stefan Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries which premiered in September 2009 on The CW. In the series, he plays a younger brother to Damon Salvatore (played by Ian Somerhalder) as well as the love interest of a 17 year old girl named Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev). His ex-wife, Torrey Devitto, worked alongside him in The Vampire Diaries as Meredith Fell, a doctor in Mystic Falls, in the third season of the show. He has also portrayed Silas in Seasons 4 and 5 as well as Stefan's doppelganger Tom Avery in Season 5.. In May 2011, he joined the cast of The Baytown Outlaws.
Wesley met and began dating actress Torrey DeVitto in 2007 when they acted together in Killer Movie. They married in a private ceremony in New York City in April 2011. In July 2013, it was reported that they had filed for divorce after two years of marriage. The couple "have decided to amicably split. They will continue to remain good friends," Wesley's rep confirmed to People magazine.
|2004||The Last Run||Seth|
|2006||Cloud 9||Jackson Fargo|
|Lenexa, 1 Mile||Rick Lausier|
|2008||Killer Movie||Jake Tanner|
|2010||Beneath the Blue||Craig Morrison|
|2013||The Baytown Outlaws||Anthony Reese|
|2014||Before I Disappear||Gideon|
|1999||Another World||Sean McKinnon|
|1999–2001||Guiding Light||Max Nickerson #2|
|2000, 2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Danny Burrell/Luke Breslin||2 episodes: "Wrong Is Right" and "Ripped"|
|2001||Shot in the Heart||Gary (Age 15–22)||Television film|
|2001–2002||Wolf Lake||Luke Cates||9 episodes|
|2002||Young Arthur||Lancelot||Television film|
|Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Luke Miller||1 episode: "Malignant"|
|2002–2005||American Dreams||Tommy DeFelice||10 episodes|
|2003||The Edge||Himself||Television film|
|Smallville||Lucas Luthor||1 episode: "Prodigal"|
|The O.C.||Donnie||1 episode: "The Outsider"|
|2003–2004||8 Simple Rules||Damian||2 episodes: "Premiere" and "Opposites Attract: Part 3: Night of the Locust"|
|Everwood||Tommy Callahan||9 episodes|
|2004||CSI: Miami||Jack Warner Bradford||1 episode: "Legal"|
|2005||CSI: NY||Steve Samprass||1 episode: "Grand Murder at Central Station"|
|2006||Crossing Jordan||Quentin Baker||1 episode: "Thin Ice"|
|Fallen||Aaron Corbett||Television film|
|2007||Fallen||Aaron Corbett||3 episodes: "The Time of the Redeemer", "Mysterious Ways and All That" and "Someone Always Has to Die"|
|Cane||Nick||3 episodes: "Family Business", "Brotherhood" and "One Man Is An Island"|
|Shark||Justin Bishop||1 episode: "Shaun of the Dead"|
|2008||The Russell Girl||Evan Carroll||Television film|
|Cold Case||Petey Murphy '08||1 episode: "Bad Reputation"|
|2008–2009||Army Wives||Logan Atwater||6 episodes|
|2009–Present||The Vampire Diaries||Stefan Salvatore / Silas / Tom Avery||TV Series|
|2010||Teen Choice Awards||Breakout Star Male||The Vampire Diaries||Won|
|2013||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Dramatic TV Actor||Nominated|
|2010||Young Hollywood Awards||Cast To Watch (with Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev)||Won|
- Wieselman, Jarrett (February 7, 2014). "Paul Wesley will make his directorial debut on "The Vampire Diaries"". Buzzfeed.com. Retrieved February 13, 2014.
- Morton, Rebecca (September 10, 2009). "'Vampire Diaries' to give area native star turn". New Brunswick Sentinel. Retrieved April 22, 2010.
- Lee, Luaine (January 27, 2010). "The 'good' vampire was a teenage bad boy". McClatchy/Tribune News (Chicago Tribune). Retrieved October 2, 2010.
- Talbot, Lindsay (October 12, 2009). "New Blood". Teen Vogue. Retrieved October 28, 2009.
- Martin, Patti (January 28, 2010). "Perhaps one of Howell's best kept secrets". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Getting to Know: Paul Wesley". Teen Magazine. Retrieved December 20, 2009.
- Walsh, Dorothy. "Getting to Know: Paul Wesley". Soap Opera Digest. Retrieved May 15, 2010.
- Weinstein, Joshua L. (May 13, 2011). "'Vampire Diaries' Star Paul Wesley Joins Eva Longoria in 'The Baytown Disco'". TheWrap.com. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- "Vampire Diaries' Paul Wesley and actress Torrey DeVitto married! – Life and Style". Lifeandstylemag.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto to Divorce". People.com. 2013-07-30. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- Nahas, Aili (2013-07-30). "People.com". People.com. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paul Wesley.|