Paula L Woods (born 1953 in Los Angeles) is an African-American crime novelist. Her 1999 novel, Inner City Blues, won the Macavity Award for best first mystery and was followed by other novels featuring its heroine, L.A. policewoman Charlotte Justice. She has also edited an anthology of African-American crime and suspense literature, and co-edited some other African American collections with her husband, Felix Liddell.
Crime fiction novels
- Inner City Blues (1999)
- Stormy Weather (2001)
- Dirty Laundry (2003)
- Strange Bedfellows (2006) ISBN :0345457021
- Spooks, Spies and Private Eyes: Black Mystery, Crime and Suspense Fiction of the 20th Century (1995)
- With Felix H. Liddell:
- Merry Christmas, Baby: A Christmas and Kwanzaa Treasury (1996)
- I Hear a Symphony: African Americans Celebrate Their Love (1994)
- I, Too Sing America: the African American Book of Days (1992)
- ^ page 240, Great Women Mystery Writers, 2nd Ed. by Elizabeth Blakesley Lindsay, 2007, publ. Greenwood Press, ISBN 0-313-33428-5
- ^ Janet A. Rudolph (2011). "Macavity Awards". Mystery Readers International Macavity Awards. Mystery Readers International. Retrieved December 28, 2011.