|Born||Mary Paula Wilcox
13 December 1949
Mary Paula Wilcox (born 13 December 1949 in Manchester) is an English actress. She is best known for her role as Chrissy in the British comedy Man About the House (1973–1976) and more recently as Hilary Potts in Emmerdale.
Wilcox first came to public attention whilst a member of the National Youth Theatre, which she joined aged seventeen. She appeared in Coronation Street in 1969 as Ray Langton's sister Janice. She was offered her first starring television role in The Lovers, a Granada sitcom produced for the ITV network written by Jack Rosenthal and co-starring Richard Beckinsale. There were two series of The Lovers, plus a feature film.
In 1973 Wilcox starred in Man About the House (Thames) as Chrissy Plummer, regularly in a flirtatious battle of wits with her male flatmate Robin, played by Richard O'Sullivan. The series ran for three years and she also starred in the feature film of the same show.
In 1991, Wilcox returned to situation comedy as Ros West in a Yorkshire Television sitcom called Fiddlers Three opposite Peter Davison before playing the character of Ivy Sandford in the pilot of Frank Skinner's Blue Heaven on Channel 4 in 1992 - the show then went on to became a series. She appeared in several series of The Queen's Nose (1995–2001).
On 27 October 2006, Wilcox was seen in Only Fools and Horses spin-off The Green Green Grass as Marlene's sister. She has also played another character in the Only Fools and Horses universe, appearing in 2 episodes of Rock and Chips, playing Edward "Grandad" Trotter's estranged wife Violet. She also had a cameo role in the Woody Allen movie Scoop. In 2007 Wilcox joined the cast of Emmerdale as Hilary Potts, mother of the vicar's wife, Laurel Thomas.
|1969 to 1970||The Dustbinmen||Naomi|
|1970 to 1971||The Lovers||Beryl Battersby|
|1971 to 1972||The Liver Birds||Gloria Titlark|
|1973 to 1976||Man About the House||Chrissy Plummer|
|1977 to 1978||Miss Jones and Son||Elizabeth Jones|
|1985||The Bright Side||Cynthia Bright|
|1991||Fiddlers Three||Ros West|
|1992 to 1994||Blue Heaven||Ivy Sandford|
|2004 to 2005||The Smoking Room||Lillian|
|2010 to 2011||Rock & Chips||Violet Trotter|
|1995-2001||The Queen's Nose||Mrs Parker|
|2007–2008||Emmerdale||Hilary Potts 40 episodes|
|2008||A Touch of Frost||Gloria Collingham|
- "Paula Wilcox." United Kingdom: Castaway.org.uk. Web. 09 Jan. 2012.
- Neil Cooper (2012-11-07). "What the Dickens?". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Search general register office (GRO)birth records 1761-2006 | Fully indexed birth records". Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "PAULA WILCOX director information. Free director information". Company-director-check.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Dellam Corporate Information Limited, England". 51.350638;-0.19093: Dellam.com. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Paula Wilcox has Great Expectations about playing Miss Havisham at Birmingham’s New Alexandra Theatre « Express & Star". Expressandstar.com. 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "The Benny Hill Show - Season 3, Episode 3: Show 12". TV.com. 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Lorraine Fisher (2009-01-10). "As he grows worryingly frail, Richard O'Sullivan's former co-star and lover says... I still love my Man About The House | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Paula Wilcox as single mum in Miss Jones and Son - Sally Thomsett Videos : Firstpost Topic - Page 1". Firstpost.com. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Paula Wilcox : Actress - Films, episodes and roles on". Digiguide.tv. 1949-12-13. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Great Expectations for Paula Wilcox in Havisham role". Woking News and Mail. 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Curley, Evelyn (19 June 2008). "Whatever Happened to the Cotton Dress Girl?". The Stage. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- High, Chris (30 April 2010). "Canary". The Stage. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Paula Wilcox Pics - Paula Wilcox Photo Gallery - 2013 - Magazine Pictorials. Movie Stills. Event Photos. Red Carpet Pictures". Allstarpics.net. Retrieved 2013-11-23.