|Origin||San Francisco Bay Area|
Les Claypool's Fancy Band
Eric McFadden Trio
Paulo Baldi is an American rock drummer and percussionist from the San Francisco Bay Area. He is currently a member of Cake, Les Claypool's Fancy Band, Deadweight, The Faraway Brothers, and the Eric McFadden Experience.
Since his first professional work with flamenco-jazz guitarist Ottmar Liebert, Paulo Baldi has worked with an eclectic variety of different artists and genres. Also well known for his ability as a hand-drummer, Baldi recently completed a tour of Egypt playing hand drums in a U.S. group, and has appeared with San Francisco world music band Ali Khan.
In 2004, he drummed on two songs for the alternative rock band Cake, "No Phone" and "Carbon Monoxide," both of which appeared on the band's fifth studio album, Pressure Chief. Cake lacked a regular drummer for this album due to the departure of longtime drummer Todd Roper. After the release of Pressure Chief, Baldi joined Cake as a full member and drummed on their sixth album, Showroom of Compassion, released in 2011.
- Cake - Showroom of Compassion (2011)
- Les Claypool's Fancy Band - Fancy (DVD 2007)
- Eric McFadden Trio - Joy of Suffering (2005)
- Cake - Pressure Chief (2004)
- Deadweight - Stroking the Moon (2003)
- Alien Lovestock - Planet of the Fish (2001)
- Lumin - Hadra (2001)
- Deadweight - Half Wit Anthems (2000)
- Ali Kahn - Taswir (1999)
- EM Experience - Our Revels Now Are Ended (1999)
- Faraway Brothers - Start the Engine... (1999)
- Liar - Gone Too Far (1998)
- Alien Lovestock - We Are Prepared To Offer You (1997)
- Liar - Devil Dog Road (1997)
- http://www.paulobaldi.com/ 15 February 2007
- http://www.ericmcfadden.com/pagesgoth/faraway.html 15 February 2007