Paulo Vitor Barreto
|Full name||Paulo Vítor Barreto de Souza|
|Date of birth||12 July 1985|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|2002||→ Milan (loan)|
|2007–2008||→ Treviso (loan)||32||(14)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 aprile 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Barreto grew up in the youth ranks of Treviso. In 2002, he was loaned to A.C. Milan where he was part of the Allievi Nazionale side that won that year's "Torneo Città di Arco", defeating Fiorentina in the final.
After scoring 12 goals in the 2004–05 season for Treviso, he was signed by Udinese, who gave him the opportunity to mark his debut not only in the Italian top flight but also in European competition, in which he scored two goals against RC Lens during the 2005–06 UEFA Cup.
Return to Treviso
He returned to Treviso on loan in 2007, scoring 14 goals in 2007–08.
Barreto spent the 2008–09 season on loan at Bari, with whom he scored his first hat-trick in Serie B on 21 April 2009 during a match with Ancona. He contributed 23 goals during the season that saw Bari crowned Serie B champions.
In 2009–10 season, his loan was extended and his goal scoring made Bari impress in the first half of the Serie A season. However, after the injury of centre-back Andrea Ranocchia and his striking partner Vitaly Kutuzov, the team performance also slipped.
In the next season, despite Kutuzov was recovered from injury, the team saw the departures of Italian international centre-backs Andrea Ranocchia and Leonardo Bonucci. With the failure to sign important replacements, not only for the centre-backs, the team conceded more goals and their tactics where affected. Barreto scored 4 goals before the winter break as team top-scorer, however much lesser than his performance last Christmas. The team finished as the bottom to enter the winter break.
Return to Udinese and Torino
In January 2013 Barreto was sold to Torino in a co-ownership agreement and made his debut on 20 January as a starter against Pescara, won by Torino 0–2. On 18 June his co-ownership agreement was renewed for an additional year.
- "Milan squad". Torneo Città di Arco official site (in Italian). Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Oggi finale Milan-Fiorentina". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 12 February 2002. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Il Bari prende Barreto" (in Italian). AS Bari. 2008-07-14. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- AS Bari Report and Accounts on 31 December 2010 (Italian)
- "Meggiorini alle buste. Barreto è del Bari". AS Bari (in Italian). 25 June 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "Ripresa degli allenamenti". AS Bari (in Italian). 16 November 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Barreto, S. Masiello e Ghezzal fermi". AS Bari (in Italian). 30 December 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- AS Bari SpA bilancio (financial report and accounts )on 31 December 2011 (Italian), Italian CCIAA