|Irish name||Pádraig ó Mathúna|
11 May 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 23:24, 25 May 2014.|
Mahony made his Waterford debut during the 2011 and immediately became a regular member of the starting fifteen. A Munster medalist in the minor grade, Mahony has yet to claim any silverware at senior level.
Mahony has played with Ballygunner since an early age.
Following several impressive performances in the intermediate grade during the 2009 season, Mahony was promoted to the senior team and immediately broke onto the starting team. He played a key role in Ballygunner's 1-17 to 0-19 defeat of Lismore in a replay of the county championship decider.
Ballygunner surrendered their championship title to De La Salle the following year, however, in 2011 Mahony lined out in a third consecutive championship decider. A 1-19 to 0-6 defeat of Tallow gave Mahony a second county club championship medal.
In 2011 Mahony made his senior debut in a National Hurling League game against Dublin. He was later included in Waterford's championship starting fifteen and made his championship debut against Limerick in a Munster semi-final. Although his debut season ended without any silverware Mahony ended the year as an All-Star nominee
Mahony is nephew to former inter county hurler Billy O'Sullivan and current Waterford hurler Shane O'Sullivan. His brother Philip Mahony is currently also a panel member on the Waterford senior hurling team.
- De La Salle College
- All-Ireland Senior Colleges' Hurling Championship (1): 2008
- Munster Senior Colleges' Hurling Championship (1): 2008
- University College Cork
- Fitzgibbon Cup (1): 2012
- Waterford Senior Club Hurling Championship (2): 2009, 2011
- Munster Minor Hurling Championship (1): 2009
- Waterford Young Hurler of The Year (1): 2010
- "Mahony comeback gives Déise final lift". Irish Examiner. 5 July 2012. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "UCC dig deep for extra-time victory". Irish Examiner. 3 March 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Flynn fires Gunners to glory". Irish Independent. 17 October 2009. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Ballygunner stroll to 12th title". Hogan Stand website. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Dundon, Noel (13 July 2009). "Munster Minor Hurling Final Tipp Outclassed by Slick Waterford Waterford 0-18 Tipperary 1-13". Tipperary Star. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Railway Cup Hurling". Munster GAA website. Retrieved 8 August 2012.