Pavel Valentenko while playing with the Connecticut Whale
October 20, 1987 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Rangers
Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)
Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale
|NHL Draft||139th overall, 2006
Pavel Valentenko (Russian: Павел Валентенко; born October 20, 1987) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman. He currently plays with Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).
Valentenko was drafted in the fifth round, 139th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens. He moved to North America in 2007 after growing up in the Nizhnekamsk hockey system to play for the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Canadiens' farm team. He was voted best rookie for the Bulldogs in his first season (2007–08) and was part of the group of players Montreal recalled for the 2008 NHL Playoffs in the case of injuries.
On October 30, 2008, it was reported that Valentenko had defected from the Hamilton Bulldogs and signed a three-year contract with Dynamo Moscow. This news came just days after Valentenko was given permission by the Bulldogs to go home to Russia for an indefinite period of time to deal with family issues.
Between 2009 and 2012 he played for the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. During the offseason in 2012 he signed with Avangard Omsk.
|2010–11||Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale||AHL||79||5||12||17||38||6||0||0||0||12|
|2013–14||Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod||KHL||53||7||11||18||28||7||0||1||1||4|
- "Canadiens lose defenceman". globesports.com. October 30, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- "Montreal Canadiens acquire Scott Gomez from New York Rangers". ESPN. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Pavel Valentenko's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Pavel Valentenko's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Pavel Valentenko's player profile at NHL.com
- Pavel Valentenko profile at Eurohockey.com
|This biographical article relating to a Russian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|