Павло Валентинович Лебедєв
|Minister of Defense|
24 December 2012 – 27 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Mykola Azarov|
|Preceded by||Dmytro Salamatin|
|Succeeded by||Ihor Tenyukh|
12 July 1962 |
Novomikhailovsky, Krasnodar Krai, RSFSR
|Party of Regions
Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc
|Alma mater||Yaroslavl Military-Finance College|
Pavlo Lebedyev (Ukrainian: Павло Лебедєв) was the Minister of Defense of Ukraine between December 2012 and February 2014, the Honorary president of the Inter Car Group, president of the Social-Economical Sevastopol Development Fund. He is participant of liquidation of the Chernobyl disaster consequences and the Merited Economist of Ukraine (2011). The appointment became surprising to many politicians, because of a limited information about the politician.
Born on 12 July 1962 in Novomikhailovskiy of Tuapsinsky District (Krasnodar Krai), from 1979 to 1980 Lebedyev worked as a mechanic in the motorpool of the Summer camp "Orlyonok". Enrolling to the Yaroslavl Military-Finance College he graduated it in 1984 as a finance specialist. After that Lebedyev was stationed in the Chernivtsi city garrison until the fall of the Soviet Union. While serving in uniformed forces, Lebedyev worked as head of financial services for battalion and regiment. After demobilization from the Soviet Armed Forces in 1992, until 1997 he directed couple of companies such as the META Association of "Legtekh" and a factory in producing of leatherwear accessories "Prestige-Inter".
From 1999 to 2002 Lebedyev was the chairman of financial operation in the state company "Tytan" in Armyansk, Crimea. From 2002 to 2005 he was the head of supervisory council for the Kremenchuk Steel-producing Factory (Kremenchuk) and "Dniprovahonmash" (portmanteau for Dnieper [Rail]car Machine) in Dnipropetrovsk. In 2005-06 Lebedyev was a president of the "Inter Car Group".
Since 2006 Lebedyev served as the MP for People's Deputy of Ukraine when he was elected to parliament on the party list of Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc in 2006. In Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament) Lebedyev was a member of the transportation and communication committee. In 2007 he was re-elected in parliament on the party list of Party of Regions. In the October 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election Lebedyev was elected once again from a single constituency district in Sevastopol as a member of Party of Regions. On 24 December 2012, he was appointed the minister of defence, replacing Dmytro Salamatin. On 22 March 2013, Verkhovna Rada annulled Lebedyev parliamentary mandate.
- Lebedyev and Kolesnichenko are running for Sevastopol city council. LB. June 27, 2014
- "General Vladimir Zamana approved Ukraine’s defence minister". Itar-Tass Agency. 22 February 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- The new minister of defense as a specialist in the respective field is unknown to experts as well as military personnel. Ukrayinska Pravda. 2012-12-25
- Pavlo Lebedev appointed as Ukrainian defense minister, Interfax-Ukraine (24 December 2012)
- Expert says new defense minister has nothing to do with security sphere, Kyiv Post (25 December 2012)
- Results of voting in single constituencies in 2012. Central Election Commission website.
- Parliament annuls minister Lebedev’s parliamentary mandate, Interfax-Ukraine (22 March 2013)
- President of Ukraine has appointed new staff of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, UNIAN (24 December 2012)
- "Expert says new defense minister has nothing to do with security sphere". Kyiv Post. 25 December 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Official page of Inter Car Group (Company leadership cached copy of page)
- Profile at website of Ministry of Defense
|This biographical article related to the military of Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|