|Key people||Ajay Adiseshann, Founder and CEO|
PayMate is a mobile commerce company that has built the largest mobile payments network in India based in Mumbai,. PayMate enables people to transact and make payments from anywhere with their mobile phone. The possible transactions PayMate allows include buying flight, train and movie tickets,online and retail shopping purchasing life insurance, and everyday transactions like shopping or dining out.
Founded in May 2006, PayMate has built a payments network in India with over 3000 online and 12000 offline merchant partners, including Futurebazaar, Indiaplaza, Indiatimes, Autsun, Rediff, and Sify. PayMate's has over 30 bank partners including ABN Amro, Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, HDFC, and Standard Chartered. The PayMate service works on all phone operators in India.
PayMate has also started expanding internationally. In 2008, PayMate expanded to Sri Lanka by partnering with the Bank of Ceylon. PayMate is also present in Nepal, partnered with a number of banks here.
PayMate was selected by Red Herring as being among Asia’s Top 100 start-ups two years in succession.
PayMate is PCI DSS compliant, adhering to the highest standards of security as outlined by Visa, Amex and MasterCard.
See also 
- "MyGiftMate: Gift thye SMS Way - Jaya Smitha Menon - SiliconIndia Magazine". Siliconindia.com. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "PayMate Founder Ajay Adiseshann on E-Commerce via SMS". PodTech.net. 2007-05-02. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "Contact PayMate". Paymate.co.in. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Pay by Phone", My Mobile, 17 August 2007
- "Corp Bank, PayMate in tieup" National Herald, 8 August 2007
- "SMS your way into people's hearts". Press-releases.techwhack.com. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "ABN Amro, PayMate tie up for mobile payments-Banking-Banking/Finance-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2008-05-22. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Tata Indicom-PayMate to offer flight ticket booking on mobile- Telecom-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Pay with a Click". Mumbai Mirror,4 May 2008
- "ABN Amro, PayMate tie up for mobile payments", Economic Times, 22 May 2008
- "Tata Indicom-PayMate to offer flight ticket booking on mobile", Economic Times, 27 March 2008
- "India's PayMate Closes $9 Million Second Round Financing", Payments News, 10 June 2008
- "Cosmos Bank partners with PayMate for mobile payment solutions", Economic Times, 23 January 2008
- "PayMate raises $9 million in second-round funding", Business Standard, 10 June 2008
- "SMS your way into people's hearts", Tech Whack, 9 July 2008
- "Venture capitalists invest $9 mN in PayMate", Economic Times, 11 June 2008
- "MyGiftMate: Gift the SMS Way", SiliconIndia, August 2008
- "PayMate Launches GiftMate - A Revolutionary New Mobile Gift Voucher", Indo-American News, 13 June 2008
- "PayMate Raises US $9 Million from Mayfield Fund, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Sherpalo Ventures",Indo-American News, 20 June 2008
- "PayMate Founder Ajay Adiseshann on E-Commerce via SMS", Pod Tech, 2 May 2007
- "A Ticket to Fly Courtesty SMS", My Mobile, 19 July 2007