|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: PAY|
|Headquarters||Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK|
|Warren Tucker, (Chairman)
|Revenue||£212.2 million (2014)|
|£44.3 million (2014)|
|£35.9 million (2014)|
PayPoint plc is a British business offering a system for paying bills in United Kingdom, Ireland and Romania. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
The PayPoint network was set up in 1996 for customers to pay towards a limited range of utility companies' payment schemes: it was first tested in Northern Ireland. The company launched its system to the media in 1997. In 1998 the system was first offered to British Gas customers wanting to pay their bills; in 2000 it was also offered to Vodafone customers and in 2001 it was extended to Scottish Power, Manweb and Orange customers. The Company was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2004. The system was extended to TV Licences in 2006.
In November 2006 and February 2007 PayPoint acquired internet payment service providers Metacharge and SECPay, respectively. These ventures were merged and rebranded as PayPoint.net, providing a secure debit and credit card payment system for web-merchants, in July 2008.
- "Annual Report 2014". PayPoint. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- PayPoint: History
- PayPoint IPO fits the bill Investors Chronicle, September 2004
- "Paypoint buys internet payment provider Metacharge for 8.4 mln stg". Forbes.com. 1 November 2006. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "PayPoint acquires SECPay Limited". 24dash.com. 26 February 2007. Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Customers benefit from Comodo PayPoint.net Agreement HOSTPULSE, 31 December 2008