Pay Money to My Pain
|Pay money To my Pain|
|Also known as||P.T.P.|
|Genres||Alternative rock, alternative metal, post-hardcore|
|Associated acts||Gun Dog, Fake?, Oblivion Dust, RIZE, ONE OK ROCK, coldrain, lynch.|
In 2005, after the disbandment of vocalist K's previous band, Gun Dog, he recruited four members and formed Pay Money to My Pain. They began to produce songs by themselves before getting noticed quickly by the record label VAP. From there, they released their first major single "Drop of Ink" on December 6, 2006.
Several months later, they ventured to California where they recorded their first album, Another Day Comes, which was released on September 12, 2007. The album included "Home", the Buzzer Beater ending song, and "Another Day Comes", the ending song for Ultraseven X.
Guitarist Jin left Pay Money to My Pain in April 2008. The EP, Writing in the Diary, was released on July 30, 2008.
The band's song "Bury", from the album After You Wake Up, was featured as the opening theme to the anime One Outs. Another of their songs, "The Answer is Not in the TV", was featured in the Konami video game Pro Evolution Soccer 2010.
On June 9, 2010, Pay Money to My Pain released the single Pictures, which is an EP and a DVD sold separately.
On January 26, 2011, Pay Money to My Pain released the 3rd album, Remember the Name.
They performed, along with Lynch., at a charity event on August 10, 2011 called "Shikiyakou -Shikui-", which was hosted by Dead End. All proceeds were donated to the victims of the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on March 11.
In June 2012, vocalist K was hospitalized. In that summer, Pay Money to My Pain performed their live show "House of Chaos". They covered Buck-Tick's song "Love Letter" for Parade II -Respective Tracks of Buck-Tick-, released on July 4, 2012. In October, K was again hospitalized and went through rehabilitation; the band declared an activity stop. On December 30, 2012, K died of acute heart failure in his Yokohama home.
On 20 September 2013, announced a new album called Gene, with songs that K recorded before his death as well as songs recorded with guest vocalists. The album, scheduled to be released on November 13, 2013, will include "Rain", the theme song of the movie Sekisekirenren, "Innocent in a Silent Room" and a new version of "Sweetest Vengeance".
On January 2014, Weight of my Pride was featured in episode 12 of the anime series Hajime no Ippo: Rising. Their song Respect for the Dead Man was also used as the theme song for the Nobunagun anime which began airing on January 5, 2014.
In December 2013, Pay money To my Pain played their last concert, entitled "From Here to Somewhere" before disbanding.
- Former members
- JIN – guitar
- PABLO – guitar
- T$UYO$HI – bass
- T$UYOSHI now plays bass in the band THE BONEZ
- ZAX – drums
- ZAX now plays drums in the band THE BONEZ
- K – vocals
- Another Day Comes (September 12, 2007)
- After You Wake Up (March 18, 2009)
- Remember the Name (January 26, 2011)
- Gene (November 13, 2013)
- Greatest hits
- Breakfast (October 24, 2012)
- Extended plays
- Drop of Ink (December 6, 2006)
- Writing in the Diary (July 30, 2008)
- Pictures (June 9, 2010)
- Digital singles
- All Because of You (August 27, 2008)
- Bury (January 7, 2009) – the opening theme for the One Outs anime
- Buzzer Beater Original Soundtrack (September 20, 2007) - "Home-TV Size Version-"
- Ultra Seven X Original Soundtrack (October 24, 2007) - "Another Day Comes [TV Size]"
- One Outs Original Soundtrack (January 21, 2009) - "Bury (TV Size)"
- Parade II -Respective Tracks of Buck-Tick- (July 7, 2012) - "Love Letter" (Buck-Tick cover)
- Immortality (March 22, 2013) - "Weight of my pride (Devilock Night the Final live version)"
- Drop of Ink
- "Black Sheep"
- "From Here to Somewhere"
- Another Day Comes
- "Another Day Comes"
- "Paralyzed Ocean"
- Writing in the Diary
- "Out of My Hands"
- "All Because of You"
- After You Wake Up
- "The Answer is Not in the TV'"
- "Same As You Are"
- Remember the Name
- "Weight of My Pride (Live)"
- "Sweetest Vengeance"
- Interview @ JAME Retrieved Sep 13 2007
- Jame Profile Retrieved Sep 13 2007
- VAP info Retrieved Sep 13 2007
- MySpace Profile
- "DEAD END hosts charity live, "Shikiyakou -Shikui-"". tokyohive.com. 2011-06-29.
- "New BUCK-TICK Tribute Album to be Released in July!". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2014-05-08.
- Pay money To my Pain's 4th Album Release "gene"; Jpop Asia, 20 September 2013
- Pay money To my Pain; Pay money To my Pain, 26 October 2013
- "Pay money To my Pain's Vocalist Has Passed Away". jame-world.com. 2013-01-11.