|Traded as||NASDAQ: PAYX
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Business process outsourcing|
|Founder||B. Thomas Golisano|
|Headquarters||Penfield, New York|
|Continental U.S. and Germany|
|B. Thomas Golisano, Chairman
Martin Mucci, President and CEO
Efrain Rivera, CFO
|Services||Payroll services, tax filing and tax credit services, 401(k) and employee benefits, insurance solutions, HR administration and compliance|
Number of employees
Paychex, Inc. is a provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. With headquarters in Penfield, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 570,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2013.
The operation grew to include 18 franchises and partnerships, which were eventually consolidated into one private company in 1979. In 1983, Paychex went public and began trading on The NASDAQ Stock Market. Since then, Paychex has registered a record of steady growth. In fiscal 2013, Paychex revenues exceeded $2.3 billion.
|Tom Golisano||1979 – October 2004|
|Jonathan J. Judge||October 2004 – July 2010|
|Martin Mucci||October 2010 – present|
- "PAYX: Profile for Paychex Inc". Yahoo! Finance. Sunnyvale, California: Yahoo!. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "PAYCHEX INC 2013 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. July 22, 2013.
- "PAYCHEX INC 2014 Q3 Quarterly Report Form (10-Q)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. March 26, 2014.
- Paychex, Incorporated (2011-07-15), FORM 10-K for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2011, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, File 000-11330, film 11971238, retrieved 2011-09-01
- Paychex corporate website.
- "Golisano Built Paychex into a Success Story." Rochester Business Journal.