|Online Payment, International Money Transfer and Prepaid Debit Cards|
|Scott Galit, CEO|
Payoneer is a financial services business that provides online money transfer and e-commerce payment services. Payoneer is a registered Member Service Provider (MSP) of MasterCard worldwide. The company is headquartered in New York City with R&D offices in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Payoneer was founded in 2005 with $2 million in seed funding from then-CEO Yuval Tal and other private investors. Israeli venture capitalist firm Greylock provided an additional $4 million in funding in 2007. It has also received funding from Carmel Ventures, Crossbar Capital, Ping An, Susquehanna Growth Equity and Nyca Partners. Payoneer cards were used by the suspects in the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh for planes and hotels in their operation in 2010. Payoneer board members include former Visa president Hans Morris and former SWIFT CEO Lazaro Campos. Companies using Payoneer include iStockphoto, Elance, Google, 99designs, Welocalize, Fiverr, 123RF, Digital River, Quantium Solutions, uShip, and Airbnb.
Payoneer provides cross-border wire transfers, online payments, and refillable debit card service for businesses and working professionals. Payoneer account holders have the option to receive funds into their local bank account or e-wallet, or via a re-loadable prepaid debit card, which is issued through MasterCard and can be used at ATMs or at the point-of-purchase. The cards have been used by New York Hospital to pay clinical trial participants.
As of 2015, Payoneer is available for more than 100 currencies in 200 countries.
- Carthy, Roi (October 22, 2007). "Payoneer Collects $3M from Greylock, Signs-Up iStockphoto". TechCrunch. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Schonfeld, Erick (2008-07-24). "Payoneer Raises $8 million Series B From Greylock And Carmel". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Chowdhry, Amit (2007-03-26). "Greylock Partners Leads $4 Million Series A Investment In Payoneer". Pulse2. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "Payoneer receives investment from Ping An Group, expands into China". The Paypers. 10 June 2014.
- Macinas, Melanie (10 September 2014). "Payoneer Welcomes New Director and New Investment". PaymentWeek.
- Basich, Zoran (9 September 2014). "The Daily Startup: For Investors, Russian Tech Scene Loses Luster". The Wall Street Journal.
- Avellana, Nicel (6 March 2014). "New York-based online payments business Payoneer gets $25M in Series D round". Venture Capital Post.
- Gat, Aviva (9 March 2014). "Payoneer raises $25M in fourth round financing". GeekTime.
- Abelson, Max (2010-03-09). "New York City's Assassination Connection". The New York Observer. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- "An Eye for an Eye: The Anatomy of Mossad’s Dubai Operation". Spiegel. January 19, 2010. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "Former SWIFT CEO Joins Payoneer Board". PYMNTS.com. 29 April 2014.
- Xu, Kevin (19 May 2014). "Exclusive Q&A with Payoneer’s Scott Galit: Global Payments for All". PaymentWeek.
- "Google selects Payoneer for Google Trusted Stores payments". The Paypers. 21 March 2014.
- Germain, Jack (January 16, 2008). "Payoneer: Taking Prepaid Debit Cards to the Next Level". E-Commerce Times. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "X-mas GPS, Plastic Wages, Video Antivirus". Associated Press. November 14, 2007. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- "New York Hospital Uses Prepaid Cards to Pay Study Participants". CenterWatch. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- "Send Mass Payouts". Payoneer. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.