Peabody Township, Marion County, Kansas
Marion County, Kansas
Location within Marion County
|• Total||36 sq mi (90 km2)|
|• Length||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|• Width||6.0 mi (9.7 km)|
|Elevation||1,434 ft (437 m)|
|• Density||38/sq mi (15/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-05:00)|
|FIPS code||20-55125 |
|GNIS feature ID||477777 |
Peabody Township covers an area of 36 square miles (93.2 km2).
Cities and towns
The township contains the following settlements:
The township contains the following cemeteries:
- No cemeteries. The Prairie Lawn Cemetery for the city of Peabody is located in Catlin Township.
Two railroads, BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad, pass through the township. The BNSF Railway runs northeast to southwest through the township. The Oklahoma Kansas Texas (OKT) line of the Union Pacific Railroad runs north to south through the township.
- "2010 Total Population - Township of Peabody". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Township of Peabody
- BNSF Railway Map.
- "UP Railroad Common Line Names". Union Pacific Railroad. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Union Pacific Railway Map.
- Marion County Highway Map; KSDOT.
||East Branch Township||Catlin Township||Fairplay Township|
|Walton Township (Harvey County)||Summit Township|
|Pleasant Township (Harvey County)||Fairmount Township (Butler County)||Clifford Township (Butler County)|