|Launched||21 January 2006|
|Owned by||Zakir Naik (founder and president)
Lords Production Ltd,
a subsidiary of Universal Broadcasting Corporation Ltd
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||The solution for Humanity|
|Broadcast area||Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, North America|
|Sister channel(s)||Peace TV Urdu, Peace TV Bangla|
|Sky (UK)||Channel 813|
|Astra 2F||12640 V 22000 5/6|
Peace TV is a nonprofit satellite television network broadcasting globally 24/7 from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Peace TV programs are all in the English language and telecast free-to-air. The founder and president of Peace TV is Zakir Naik, an Islamic preacher from Mumbai, India.
Since January 21, 2006, Peace TV channel has been telecast to more than 200 countries around the world, including in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. In 2009, its sister channel (Peace TV Urdu) was launched, which is dedicated especially to the Urdu-speaking viewers around the world and on 22 April 2011 Peace TV Bangla was launched, which is dedicated especially to the Bangla-speaking viewers around the world.
Peace TV was launched on Arabsat on satellite BADR-3 in October 2006.
As of September 2012, Peace TV is available on satellite Galaxy 19, 24/7, in English, Urdu and Bangla languages. As of September 2007, Peace TV is available in the United States and Canada and in the UK on BSkyB.
It is also available Over-The-Air (OTA) in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Atlanta and Seattle.
It is also available free of charge from the LiveStation satellite television computer application.
In 2011 the UK broadcasting regulator Ofcom investigated the channel for allegations of broadcasting extremist messages. Its programmes have labelled Jews as enemies of Islam and that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were an inside job.
In 2012, Ofcom ruled the channel broke broadcasting rules which states offensive comments should be justified by the context. It was ruled on the following statements which were broadcast on the March 8, 2012 on the Dare to Ask programme:
One group of scholars, they say that if a Muslim, if he becomes a non-Muslim [inaudible] he should be put to death. There is another group of scholars who say that if a Muslim becomes a non-Muslim and propagates his new faith against Islam then he should be put to death.
I tend to agree more with the second group of scholars, who say that a Muslim, if he becomes a non-Muslim and propagates his new faith against Islam, that is the time this penalty is applied.
Staff and presenters
- From India
- Zakir Naik
- Mohammed Naik
- Mohammed Jafer Qureshi, Trustee (UK)
- Abdul Karim Parekh
- Sanaullah Madani
- Shamim Fauzi
- Abdul Basit Madani
- Sheikh Noor
|Truth Exposed||Zakir Naik||1 hour||six times a week|
|Dare to Ask||Zakir Naik||30 mins.||five times a week|
|Let’s Ask Dr. Zakir||Zakir Naik|
|Da'wah Training Program|
|Izhar-E-Haq||Zakir Naik||30 mins.|
|Man With a Mission||Ahmed Deedat||30 mins.||3 times a week|
|Peace Missile||A. R. Green, Hussain Ye, Yusuf Estes||30 mins.|
|Fire of Faith||Bilal Philips||30 mins|
|Youth Talk||Ammar Amonette||30 mins|
|Whiz Kids||Young Muslim children||30 mins|
- Tom Harper (2011-02-11). "Banned hate preacher still broadcasting after 'Jews are enemy of Islam' claim - News - London Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "About Peace TV". Peacetv.in. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Aataai Gazi Mahbub (2007-05-10). "Does 'Peace TV' Encourage Interfaith Amity?". OhMyNews. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- Syed Neaz Ahmad (February 23, 2007). "Peace TV Reaching 400 Million Viewers – Dr. Zakir Naik". Saudi Gazette. Archived from the original on 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2007-05-18.
- "Welcome to Peace TV Bangla". Peacetvbangla.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "An Inter - Religious dialogue for Spiritual Enlightenment". The True Call. December 13, 2006. Retrieved 2007-05-19.
- "British authorities consider banning Peace TV – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. 2010-11-30. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Schedules". Peacetv.tv. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Preachers of hate on British TV: what they said that broke the broadcasting rules". Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Pratul Sharma (6 December 2012). "MHA glare on hate channels: Govt puts on notice 24 foreign TV channels showing anti-India content after intel alert". India Today.
- "Our Speakers". Peacetv.in. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "English Programmes". Peacetv.in. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- [dead link]