|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (April 2012)|
Peak calling is a computational method used to identify areas in a genome that have been enriched with aligned reads as a consequence of performing a Chip-Sequencing or MeDIPseq experiment. These areas are those where a protein interacts with DNA. When the protein is a transcription factor, the enriched area is its transcription factor binding site (TFBS). Popular software programs include MACS, etc.. Please see  for a survey of the ChIPseq peak callers.
Peak calling may be conducted on transcriptome/exome as well to RNA epigenome sequencing data from MeRIPseq  or m6Aseq  for detection of post-transcriptional RNA modification sites with software programs, such as exomePeak.
- Valouev A, et al. (September 2008). "Genome-wide analysis of transcription factor binding sites based on ChIP-Seq data". Nature Methods 6 (5): 829–834. doi:10.1038/nmeth.1246. PMC 2917543. PMID 19160518.
- Feng, Jianxing; Liu, Tao; Qin, Bo; Zhang, Yong; Liu, Xiaole Shirley (29 August 2012). "Identifying ChIP-seq enrichment using MACS". Nature Protocols 7 (9): 1728–1740. doi:10.1038/nprot.2012.101.
- Wilbanks, Elizabeth G.; Facciotti, Marc T.; Veenstra, Gert Jan C. (7 July 2010). "Evaluation of Algorithm Performance in ChIP-Seq Peak Detection". PLoS ONE 5 (7): e11471. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011471.
- Meyer, Kate D.; Saletore, Yogesh; Zumbo, Paul; Elemento, Olivier; Mason, Christopher E.; Jaffrey, Samie R. (31 May 2012). "Comprehensive Analysis of mRNA Methylation Reveals Enrichment in 3′ UTRs and near Stop Codons". Cell 149 (7): 1635–1646. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2012.05.003.
- Dominissini, Dan; Moshitch-Moshkovitz, Sharon; Schwartz, Schraga; Salmon-Divon, Mali; Ungar, Lior; Osenberg, Sivan; Cesarkas, Karen; Jacob-Hirsch, Jasmine; Amariglio, Ninette; Kupiec, Martin; Sorek, Rotem; Rechavi, Gideon (28 April 2012). "Topology of the human and mouse m6A RNA methylomes revealed by m6A-seq". Nature 485 (7397): 201–206. doi:10.1038/nature11112.
- Meng, J.; Cui, X.; Rao, M. K.; Chen, Y.; Huang, Y. (14 April 2013). "Exome-based analysis for RNA epigenome sequencing data". Bioinformatics 29 (12): 1565–1567. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btt171.
|This molecular or cell biology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|