Peak to Peak Charter School
|Peak to Peak Charter School|
|800 Merlin Drive, Lafayette CO, 80026
|School district||Boulder Valley School District (BVSD)|
|Enrollment||Through BVSD Open Enrollment process|
|Number of students||Approximately 1,300|
|Color(s)||Black, Blue, and White|
|Athletics||Soccer, Baseball, Golf, Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Track and Field,|
Peak to Peak is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Peak to Peak is the only public school in Boulder Valley and the second in the State of Colorado to receive a College Preparatory Accreditation from the NCA. The NCA has granted the college preparatory accreditation to 240 private schools and 20 public school in its region.
In August 2007 Peak to Peak Charter School was named the number one High School in the Denver metro area by 5280, a Denver lifestyle magazine. The school's 2005-2006 senior class had the highest ACT score average (25.0) of the district, and the third-highest for the entire state of Colorado.
Also in 2007, it was named number 47 on the U.S. News & World Report listing of best high schools in the U.S.. In 2014, it was ranked 1st in Colorado, 18th among charter schools, and 66th overall on the same list.
Peak to Peak High School Athletic Program 9th in Colorado 3A
The Peak to Peak High School athletic program was ranked 9th overall in the state among Class 3A high schools and 42nd overall among 330 Colorado high schools in the February 2007 Mile High Sports Magazine. The Mile High Sports ranking placed the Peak to Peak program second best in the Boulder Valley School District.
- 2005: boys' Varsity soccer team took the Colorado 3A state soccer championship title.
- 2006: boys' Varsity hockey team took the Colorado 5A state hockey championship title.
- 2007: varsity Track and Field team sent seven competitors to the state track meet. One student became the state champion in the 100 meter and repeated as state champion in the 300 meter hurdles. A girls’ relay team is the 4x400 meter relay champions. Another athlete finished third in the boys 400 meter dash.
- 2007: boys' varsity Golf team won its first-ever regional golf title during the 4A Metro-East competition at Deer Creek Golf Course in Littleton on September 18. The team now qualifies for state competition.
- 2010: boy's Varsity Cross-country Running places first at the Metro League meet, defeating longtime rival Holy Family.
- 2011: girl's Varsity Tennis team finished third in Kent Denver School regional meet for their inaugural year at Peak to Peak Charter School. The three doubles team qualified for their first 4A state competition appearance in Pueblo, Colorado.
- 2011: girl's Varsity soccer team finished first in the Colorado 3A state soccer championship finals.
2011: The Peak To Peak Cross Country Team is scheduled to compete at the Stanford Meet this fall. Only the seven top runners will compete.(Or the next in line) 2012 Girl's Soccer 3A State Champion 2012: The Varsity Boy's Baseball team made its first District Playoff Appearance
The mascot of Peak to Peak Charter School is a Puma.
Stamping Children's Hands Controversy
Cafeteria staff had been in the practice of stamping the hands of children to indicate their lunch accounts were empty or if they were to receive a free lunch. Upon discovery of the practice, Principal Noelle Roni ordered the cafeteria staff to discontinue stamping children's hands. The school board dismissed Roni in January 2014. Roni has said that she believes she was fired because of her opposition to the policy, which she has described as disrespectful towards children.
- Hatlestad, Luc (August 2007). "Best Colorado High Schools". Retrieved March 1, 2011.
- Peak To Peak Charter School: Best High Schools - USNews.com
- "Peak to Peak Charter School Overview". usnews.com Website. Retrieved 2014-7-3. Check date values in:
- CBS4 Denver (8 January 2014). "Colo. principal says she was fired over "disrespectful" policy towards poor children". CBS News. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Bounds, Amy (8 January 2014). "Peak to Peak charter defends hand-stamping by food services". Daily Camera. Retrieved 8 February 2014.