|Directed by||Steve Martino|
|Produced by||Paul Feig
Michael J. Travers
|Written by||Bryan Schulz
by Charles M. Schulz
|Edited by||Ellen Keneshea|
|Blue Sky Studios|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Peanuts is an upcoming 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios and distributed by 20th Century Fox based on Charles M. Schulz's comic strip of the same name. The film is directed by Steve Martino and written by Bryan Schulz, Craig Schulz, and Cornelius Uliano. It is set to be the fifth full-length feature film to be based on the comic, and the first feature film based on the characters in 35 years. The film will commemorate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip, and is scheduled to be released on November 6, 2015.
On October 9, 2012, it was announced that after two years of rights negotiations with the Schulz family, 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios were developing a 3D computer-animated feature film based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz, which would be released on November 25, 2015, to "commemorate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip and the 50th anniversary of the TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas". Steve Martino is set to direct the film from the screenplay by Craig Schulz with the writing team of Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano, who are also producing the film. On November 7, 2012, Fox shifted the release date nineteen days earlier, from November 25 to 6, 2015.
On January 8, 2013, Leigh Anne Brodsky became the managing director of Peanuts Worldwide and Brodsky was set to control all the global deals for Peanuts. On April 18, 2013, it was revealed that Fox had made an announcement at CinemaCon that the film would be released in 3D. On October 23, 2013, it was announced that Paul Feig would produce and oversee the film for Fox and Blue Sky. In the United Kingdom, the film is set to be titled Snoopy & Charlie Brown: A Peanuts Movie.
The film is scheduled to be released on November 6, 2015.
- "Peanuts and B.O.O Get Release Day Shifts at Fox". movieweb.com. November 7, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Fischer, Russ (March 17, 2014). "New ‘Peanuts’ Movie First Look: Charlie Brown and Snoopy Head Back to the Big Screen". slashfilm.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (October 9, 2012). "Charles Schulz's 'Peanuts' In Feature Deal With Fox Animation And Blue Sky Studios". deadline.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (January 8, 2013). "Leigh Anne Brodsky To Oversee Peanuts Worldwide And Iconix Entertainment". deadline.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Waxman, Sharon (April 18, 2013). "'Charlie Brown' to Become Animated 3D Movie From Fox". thewrap.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- McNary, Dave (October 23, 2013). "'Peanuts Animated Movie Heats Up With Paul Feig Producing". variety.com. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "'Snoopy And Charlie Brown: A Peanuts Movie' To Come To Big Screen In 2015 - First Trailer Here (VIDEO)". huffingtonpost.co.uk. March 18, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Official website
- Peanuts at the Internet Movie Database
- Peanuts at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- Peanuts at Rotten Tomatoes
- Peanuts at Box Office Mojo