Pearl and the Puppets
|Pearl and the Puppets|
Pearl at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow
Pearl and the Puppets was a band from Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire in the West-Central Lowlands of Scotland. The band comprised singer/songwriter Katie Sutherland (vocals/guitar), Blair McMillan (drums), Gordon Turner (guitar), Scott Clark (bass) and Michael Abubakar (keyboard).
Pearl and the Puppets supported Elton John at Glasgow's SECC on 10 June 2009. In the run-up to the appearance, on Friday 5 June 2009 Pearl appeared on STV's The Hour show promoting her upcoming gigs.
On 31 December 2009, Pearl and the Puppets played on BBC One Scotland's Hogmanay Live and went on to perform on the main stage at RockNess in Inverness-shire in June 2010 as well as a number of other summer festivals.
On 23 August 2010 they supported The Hoosiers at the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh.
- Lester, Paul (26 March 2010). "Pearl and the Puppets (No 755)". New band of the day (The Guardian). Archived from the original on 2010-05-04. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Because I Do - Pearl And The Puppets". Music.vodafone.com.au. 29 November 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-14.[dead link]
- "2009 Wickerman Festival Lineup". Archived from the original on 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2009-05-08.
- Geddes, Jonathan (5 March 2009). "Pearl's a singer". Online edition (Evening Times). Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- Devind, Rachel (17 May 2009). "Pearl and the Puppets make their play for the big time". The Times. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- "Kirkintilloch’s finest Pearl and the Puppets perform live". Entertainment - latest news. STV. 5 June 2009. Archived from the original on 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Pearl and the puppets". Myspace.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Geddes, Jonathan (2011-12-07). "Let’s get Square dancing". Evening Times. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Kirky girl set to release debut CD". Kirkintilloch Herald. 2012-02-25. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- [dead link]