|Founded||London, UK (2000)|
|Headquarters||Mount Pleasant, London, UK|
|Tom Abell, Managing Director;
Kahloon Loke, Managing Director
|Products||Peccadillo Pictures, Petit Péché, Bad Cat Pictures|
Peccadillo Pictures is a UK-based film distributor of art house, gay and lesbian, independent and world cinema. They have provided distribution for many films such as Weekend, Tomboy, XXY, Eyes Wide Open, Four Minutes, The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros, Transylvania, Cockles and Muscles and Summer Storm.
Peccadillo Pictures are distributors of gay and lesbian, art house, and world cinema - including films from Europe, Latin America and Asia: Presque Rien and Wild Side (2004 film) both by Sèbastien Lifshitz (France), 15 by Royston Tan (Singapore), Summer Storm by Marco Kreuzpaintner (Germany), El Mar by Augusti Villaronga (Spain), A Year Without Love by Anahi Berneri (Argentina), and Blue Gate Crossing by Chih-Yen Yee (Taiwan).
In October 2006 they released Be With Me by Eric Khoo (Singapore), and in 2007, they released The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros by Auraeus Solito (Philippines), Beyond Hatred by Olivier Meyrou (France) and Transylvania by Tony Gatlif (France) and 4:30 by Royston Tan (Singapore).
2008 saw their widest release schedule to date, with XXY by Lucia Puenzo (Argentina), Saxon by Greg Loftin (UK), Avril by Gérald Hustache-Mathieu (France) and Last of the Crazy People by Laurent Achard (France).
In 2010 Peccadillo Pictures will release a variety films such as Highly Strung (French title Je te mangerais) by Sophie Laloy, Give Me Your Hand (French title Donne-moi la main by Pascal-Alex Vincent), Eyes Wide Open by Haim Tabakman, and "Pornography: A Thriller" by David Kittredge as well as continuations of their short film compilations Boys on Film and Here Come the Girls including more mainstream actors such as Elliot Tittensor from Channel 4's Shameless.
The Boys on Film compilations
Boys on Film 1: Hard Love
The compilation showcases ten short films and documentaries that deal with all aspects of modern gay life, created by various directors from around the world. These shorts tackle a wide range of contemporary topics - the pitfalls of online cruising, long distance lovers and growing old and gay gracefully.
List of films:
- Summer - Dir. Hong Khaou
- Gay Zombie - Dir. Michael Simon
- Serene Hunter - Dir. Jason Bushman
- Le Weekend - Dir. Timothy Smith
- Cowboy Forever - Dir. Jean Baptiste Erreca
- Scarred - Dir. Damien Rea
- Packed Lunch - Dir. Tim Hunter
- Mirror, Mirror - Dir. John Winter
- VGL Hung! Dir. Max Barber
Boys on Film 2: In Too Deep
The second installment included more award-winning gay cinema: Till Kleinert’s award-winning Cowboy, Australian film Love Bites, Bramadero and Futures & Derivatives.
List of films:
- Cowboy - Dir. Till Kleinert (Germany)
- Lucky Blue - Dir. Håkon Liu (Sweden)
- Weekend In The Countryside - Dir. Mathieu Salmon (France)
- Kali Ma - Dir. Soman Chainani (USA)
- Bramadero – Dir. Julián Hernández (Mexico)
- Love Bite - Dir. Craig Boreham (Australia)
- The Island - Dir. Trevor Anderson (Canada)
- Futures & Derivatives – Dir. Arthur Halpern (USA)
- Working it Out – Dir. Tim Hunter
Boys on Film 3: American Boy
The third installment of Boys on Film features films from America including In The Closet featuring porn star turned actor Brent Corrigan.
- List of films
- Dare – Dir. Adam Salky (16mins)
- In The Closet – Dir. Jody Wheeler (14mins)
- Area X – Dir. Dennis Shinners (USA) 15mins
- The Young and Evil – Dir. Julian Breece (15mins)
- Dish :) – Dir. Brian Krinsky (15mins)
- Bugcrush – Dir. Carter Smith (36mins)
- Astoria, Queens – Dir. Kyle Coker (22mins)
The Here Come the Girls Compilations
Here Come the Girls 1
Following the Boys on Film compilations, in 2009 Peccadillo Pictures released their first lesbian themed shorts compilation. It featured many award winning  films from acclaimed writers/filmmakers Guinevere Turner (The L Word, Itty Bitty Titty Committee, American Psycho) and Roberta Munroe (How Not To Make A Short Film), actresses Nathalie Toriel (Finn's Girl) and Lucy Liemann (Moving Wallpaper, Reggie Perrin) and British performance artists Bird La Bird, Dyke Marilyn and Split Britches.
List of films:
- Wicked Desire - Dir. Angela Cheng (USA) 13mins
- Below the Belt - Dir. Laurie Colbert, Dominique Cardona (Canada) 13mins
- Congratulations Daisy Graham - Dir. Cassandra Nicolaou (Canada) 15mins
- Dani and Alice – Dir. Roberta Munroe (USA) 11mins
- A Soft Place – Dir. Suzanne Guacci (USA) 10mins
- Private Life - Dir. Abbe Robinson (UK) 15mins
- Fem - Dir. Inge ‘Campbell’ Blackman (UK) 10mins
- Happy Birthday - Dir. Roberta Munroe (USA) 15mins
- Late – Dir. Guinevere Turner (USA) 7mins
- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/09/parliament_recalled_after_london_riots/. Retrieved 2013-11-02. Missing or empty
- Cowboy wins Iris Prize 2008: http://www.thefestivalscompany.co.uk/1204?diablo.lang=cym
- 'Below The Belt' winner of Audience Award for Best Short at Inside/Out Lesbian & Gay Film and Video Festival in Toronto http://www.northernstars.ca/directorsal/cardona_dominique.html