Pechanga Resort and Casino
|Pechanga Resort and Casino|
|Address||45000 Pechanga Parkway, Temecula, CA 92592|
|Opening date||June 24, 2002|
|Number of rooms||517|
|Total gaming space||188,000 sq ft (17,500 m2)|
|Owner||Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians|
|Website||Pechanga Resort & Casino home page|
Pechanga Resort and Casino is an Indian Casino on the Pechanga Indian Reservation in Temecula, California. Pechanga Resort and Casino is the largest casino in the state of California, with 3,400 slot machines and approximately 188,000 sq ft (17,500 m2) of gaming space.
On June 24, 2002, the $262 million Pechanga Resort and Casino opened its doors. The resort, which was designed to highlight the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians' culture, included an 85,000 sq ft (7,900 m2) casino, 1,200-seat showroom, 515,000 sq ft (47,800 m2), 14-story (522-room) hotel and 38,800 sq ft (3,600 m2) convention center, 200-seat cabaret lounge, Eagle's Nest Lounge and seven restaurants.
In November 2004, a 100,000 sq ft (9,300 m2) expansion was opened adding additional gaming space, a high limit gaming area, a food court area, a 54-table poker room and Kelsey's, a sports-themed restaurant.
Guests must be at least 21 to gamble on the property; the age limit was raised from 18 in 2003.
The Pechanga Resort and Casino has the largest casino floor in California totaling 188,000 sq ft (17,500 m2), larger than the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It features 3,400 Vegas-style slot machines, 12,700 sq ft (1,180 m2) non-smoking casino floor area with 300+ slot machines, 130 table games, a non-smoking poker room with 43 tables, an ultra-modern, 700-seat bingo facility and 14,700 sq ft (1,370 m2) High Limit Gaming Area with High Limit Salon, and private gaming rooms.
The Pechanga Hotel includes 517 guest rooms including 64 suites, as well as sun deck with swimming pool and spa, poolside bar and food service, three retail shops, and a newly redesigned health club.
Journey at Pechanga
The golf course, Journey at Pechanga, opened in August 2008, and the clubhouse opened following November. Its features are:
- 72 Par, 7,219 yard Arthur Hills designed Championship 18-Hole golf course open to the public
- 7 miles (11 km) of cart paths
- Carts equipped with a GPS system with course tips, flyover graphics and images of each hole, mobile food ordering from your cart
- Journey Golf Academy offering group and private golf instruction to children as young as 3, juniors and adults
- 62,000-square-foot (5,800 m2) clubhouse
- 2,800-square-foot (260 m2) pro shop
- 150 locker rooms
- Journey’s End - a casual, relaxed restaurant for breakfast, lunch or appetizers and cocktails. Happy Hour runs from 3pm til dusk.
- Journey a la Cart – snack bar located at the starter shack.
In November 2008, a 62,000 sq ft (5,800 m2) clubhouse was opened. Journey was rated as the 4th "Best New Course You Can Play" by Golf Magazine in the January 2009 issue. With the addition of Journey at Pechanga, the resort’s 146-acre (0.59 km2) footprint (including the facility, RV Park, parking lots, and structures) has more than tripled to 445 acres (1.80 km2).
In November 2008, Spa Pechanga opened a greatly expanded facility with ten therapy rooms, a steam sauna, a full service hair and nail salon and a couple's massage room.
11 restaurants including:
- The Great Oak Steakhouse - AAA's Four Diamond Award winner since 2012.
- Bamboo - Pan-Asian dishes prepared in the style of Korea, Vietnam and China.
- Paisano ’s Italian Ristorante
- Blazing Noodles
- Umi Sushi & Oyster Bar
- Pechanga Buffet
- Pechanga Café
- Journey’s End at Journey at Pechanga golf course
- Temptations Food Walk – featuring Pronto (Italian), American Classics, Agave (Mexican), Little Wok (Chinese), Pechanga Fried Chicken, Caffe Cocoa (coffee and desserts).
- Blends - Coffee and Wine Bar
Pechanga also offers 24-hour room service for hotel guests.  Quick bites at other areas of the resort include Journey a la carte with delicious wraps, sandwiches, burgers, snacks and drinks between Hole 1 and Hole 10 on the golf course, and the Pechanga Service stationStation with an authentic taqueria inside the mini mart.
The Pechanga Showroom Theater, a 1,200-seat venue, has hosted Broadway musicals and headline musical acts, including Journey, Warrant, Skid Row, Backstreet Boys, Bob Dylan, Carrie Underwood, & The Fab Four (tribute), magician David Copperfield, comedian Jerry Seinfeld, and many ethnic superstar shows.
Other entertainment venues at Pechanga include the Pechanga Comedy Club; the Cabaret Lounge; and Eagle’s Nest Lounge, located on the top floor of the hotel tower.
Pechanga Resort & Casino also hosts live action sporting events such as Bellator MMA, professional boxing aired live on networks such as HBO, FOX, and more, Muay Thai Kickboxing and others.
Pechanga RV Resort
The adjacent RV resort features 168 tree-shaded sites with full electric (20, 30 and 50 amp), water, cable TV, WiFi and sewer service, all at no addtional charge, 25 pull-through sites, a heated pool and two jacuzzis, two large clubhouses, pet area, and the Pechanga Service Station. New upgrades include premium and luxury sites, horseshoe pit and party pavilion. Upgraded sites feature a picnic area and shaded grass area. The Pechanga RV Resort allows dogs and offers miles of nearby walking paths and greenspaces.
Meeting and convention space
Pechanga Resort and Casino has the largest meeting space in the Temecula Valley, hosting many large events in its Grand Ballroom. Meeting space at the facility includes: 53,000 sq ft (4,900 m2). of flexible meeting and convention space and 13 individual breakout rooms: 60,000 sq ft (5,600 m2). of outdoor meeting space; a 22,000 sq ft (2,000 m2). Grand Ballroom (divisible into 3 sections); and a 125-seat teleconferencing lecture center.
Pechanga Resort and Casino is the Temecula Valley's number one employer, with about 4,100 employees and the second largest private employer in Riverside County, behind grocery store chain, Stater Bros.
- "Spectacular Lot Half Mile Fro Lake in Riverside County, California". Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Pechanga CASINO". Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "Minimum Gambling Age of California Casinos". Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Bradley Aidan (2009). "The top ten new golf courses you can play". Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "Pechanga Resort and Casino Dining Room Service Menu" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- Lallu Akso (2009-12-09). "Pechanga Casino and Its Amenities". Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Pechanga Resort and Casino
- Expert contradicts Pechanga disenrollment
- Tribal flush: Pechanga people "disenrolled" en masse
- Couple claims man was beaten at Pechanga Casino