24 May 1983
|Residence||Atlanta, GA, USA|
|Years active||2002 to present|
|Agent||Al Corral, Napoli Management Group|
Pedram Javaheri also known as "P.J. Javaheri" (born May 24, 1983) is an Iranian-American Meteorologist for CNN International based at the CNN World Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.  He can be seen regularly on editions of CNN News Room and World Business Today. He regularly fills in on HLN's Morning Express With Robin Meade and also appears on CNN U.S. during breaking news and severe weather coverage.
Javaheri was born in Tehran, Iran to Iranian parents and is fluent in Persian, Turkish and English. His family emigrated from Tehran to Redmond, Washington in October of 1993. Javaheri attended elementary school and high school in Redmond before moving on to college at Arizona State University. In addition to Arizona State University, he attended Mississippi State University where he obtained degrees in Broadcast Journalism and Meteorology.
Javaheri began as a weather anchor at Arizona State University in 2002. While there, he led and developed the school’s first weather department at NewsWatch TV, an in-school news program broadcast throughout the State of Arizona. One week prior to his graduation, he accepted a position as a Meteorologist in Utah at KCSG. He was later promoted to the position of Chief Meteorologist and oversaw all weather operations.
In 2008, he accepted a position at a duopoly station in California's Central Coast where he presented the weather for KCOY, KKFX, KION and KCBA. He held the position of Meteorologist and environmental reporter, reaching an audience of over 500,000 television households. While in California, he covered numerous notable events. In 2008, he was on the scene of the Basin Complex fires in Big Sur, the second costliest wildfire in U.S. history. In June 2009, he became the only reporter in the market to cover the Michael Jackson Memorial after having won a lottery to attend the service at the Staples Center. He joined CNN in June 2010 and now resides in Atlanta.
Awards and recognitions
During his time in California, Javaheri's work was nominated for an Emmy Award for outstanding achievement in weather by the San Francisco / Northern California Emmy Awards. In August 2010, Javaheri was honored the "Iranian of the Day."  He was on the CNN weather team which won the prestigious Peabody award for its coverage of the BP 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. On March 11, 2011, he and CNN U.S. Meteorologist Chad Myers became the first duo in CNN’s history to simultaneously forecast and cover the potential tsunami's impact to a global audience.
- Rate My News Anchor. "Pedram Javaheri". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Headline News Morning Express. "Morning Express Monday rundown: July 2, 2012". Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- CNN Programs
- Central Coast News. "P.J. Javaheri". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- TVB. "Neilson: Local Television Market Universe Estimates". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Wise Fire Tracking. "Basin Complex Fire". Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Central Coast News. "KION's P. J. Javaheri Wins Tickets to Michael Jackson Memorial". Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- CNN Observations. "Pedram Javaheri Joins CNN". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- National Academy of Television. "39th Annual Northern California Area Emmy Awards Announced". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Iranian.com. "Iranian of the Day". Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- CNN Breaking News. "Earthquake Rocks Japan". Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- Pedram Javaheri CNN Bio
- Pedram Javaheri Official Facebook Page
- Pedram Javaheri Official Twitter Page