|Directed by||Rajkumar Hirani|
|Produced by||Rajkumar Hirani
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Siddharth Roy Kapur
|Written by||Abhijat Joshi|
|Screenplay by||Abhijat Joshi
|Music by||Ajay Atul
|Cinematography||C. K. Muraleedharan|
|Edited by||Rajkumar Hirani|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
PK is an upcoming Hindi comedy-drama family film directed by Rajkumar Hirani, produced by Rajkumar Hirani, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Siddharth Roy Kapur and Screenplay by Abhijat Joshi, Rajkumar Hirani, Aamir Khan and Sreerag Nambiar. It stars Aamir Khan as the eponymous lead, with Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput, Sanjay Dutt and Boman Irani appearing in supporting roles. Hirani has stated that the film will be a satire on "Hindu gods and godmen". The film has a scheduled release date of 19 December 2014.
- Aamir Khan as PK
- Anushka Sharma as Jagat Janani
- Yusuf Khan
- Sanjay Dutt as Bhairao Singh
- Boman Irani
- Ram Sethi
- Reema Debnath
- Saurabh Shukla
- Sreerag Nambiar
Hirani cast Sushant Singh Rajput after Kai Po Che 's director Abhishek Kapoor showed him Rajput's rushes. Aamir Khan, Ram Sethi and Anushka Sharma were all confirmed to be performing in the film, with Khan stated to be portraying lead character of PK.
The co-director Khan began looking for shooting locations in July 2012. Second unit filming was set to begin in late 2012, which was stalled after the rumoured departure of three department heads for the film and bad weather stalling initial shoots. Hirani denied rumours that the film would be delayed, stating that principal filming had always been intended to begin in mid-January 2013 in Delhi and Rajasthan to "capture the winter of Delhi". Shooting officially began on 1 February 2013, with the filming scheduled to occur over a 45-day period. A 26-day schedule of shooting of PK started in Delhi from 27 September 2013. When the shoot of the film was going on in Chandni Chowk area of Delhi, an FIR was lodged against makers of the film for allegedly hurting religious sentiments in October 2013. The objection was regarding a scene in the movie where a man dressed as the Hindu deity, Lord Shiva pulls the rickshaw with two burqa clad women as passengers.
The first poster of the movie came out on 31 July 2014. A motion poster was also released on the same day on YouTube. The poster sparked a controversy as it featured Aamir Khan posing almost nude with only a transistor covering his private parts. The poster was criticized for allegedly promoting obscenity. A PIL was filed in the court by the All India Human Rights and Social Justice Front to ban the release of the film. The Supreme Court dismissed the plea and gave the movie a green signal. There were also allegations on the poster being copied. It had similarities with the poster of a Portuguese musician named Quim Barreiros, which was released way back in 1973. The second poster of was launched on 20 August 2014 at an event in Mumbai. This poster was also released in the form of motion poster on YouTube. The new poster featured Aamir Khan wearing traditional Rajasthani attire, also sporting dark glasses and holding onto a brass tenor. The promotional strategy for the movie was revealed by the makers at the launch of the second poster. The 3rd motion poster introduced Sanjay Dutt as Bhairav Singh. Aamir Khan stated that PK will have a poster campaign in which a new poster will be introduced every two to three weeks. By the time the movie releases, 8 to 10 posters will be launched. The teaser released on 23 October. 
Koimoi reports rumors of a deal in which the satellite rights were sold for 85 crore (US$14 million) if the domestic business reaches 300 crores. The music rights were sold for 15 crore (US$2.4 million).
- "Rajkumar Hirani turns producer for Aamir Khan's 'Peekay'". Hindustan Times. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Aamir Khan's son Junaid to feature in his father's upcoming movie 'Peekay'". India Today. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "FIRST LOOK: Aamir Khan bares all for PK!". http://www.rediff.com. Rediff. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "PK poster: Here are 5 questions we have for the very naked Aamir Khan". First Post. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Aamir Khan's 'P.K.' needs editing post OMG release?". Hindustan Times. 18 October 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "'PK' first poster: Aamir Khan poses naked holding a cassette player for the official first look of the film". CNN-IBN. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Raju Hirani Took Sushant on Board After Watching 'Kai Po Che' Rushes". Koimoi. 5 January 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Rajkumar Hirani confirms Sushant Singh Rajput for 'P.K.'". Hindustan Times. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "'Peekay': Is a cold war brewing between Sushant Singh Rajput and Anushka Sharma?". IBN Live. 18 December 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Who's going to star in Aamir Khan's 'P.K.': Shahid or Ranbir?". Hindustan Times. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Aamir Khan's son Junaid to make Bollywood debut?". Hindustan Times. 17 July 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Rajkumar Hirani rubbishes the rumors about 'PK'". Bollywood Hungama. 3 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Bad weather stalls shoot of 'P.K.'". Hindustan Times. 8 October 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "More trouble for Raju Hirani's 'Peekay'". NDTV. 22 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "PK: Aamir Khan, Rajkumar Hirani's next film to be shot in Delhi, Rajasthan". IBN Live. 3 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "'PK' is not being delayed: Rajkumar Hirani". Hindustan Times. 4 November 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Aamir Khan joined by Kiran Rao and son in Rajasthan". Hindustan Times. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "Aamir takes Kiran, son along for 'Peekay' shoot". Hindustan Times. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- Aamir Khan spotted shooting for P.K.. Hindustan Times. 28 September 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "'Peekay': Aamir Khan amazes fans in Delhi with his new look". IBN Live. 28 September 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Aamir Khan shoots for 'PK' in Delhi". The Times of India. 28 September 2013. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "FIR lodged against director, actors of Aamir Khan's 'P.K.'". Hindustan Times. 11 October 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Supreme Court snubs nude poster, gives green signal to Aamir Khan's PK". Oneindia.in. 14 August 2014.
- "Is Aamir Khan's 'PK' poster copied". DNA. 3 August 2014.
- "Aamir Khan covers up for second ‘PK’ poster". The Indian Express. 21 August 2014.
- "Aamir Khan unveils second 'PK' poster, beats retreat on nudity backlash". The Financial Express (India). 21 August 2014.
- "PK will be promoted with a series of posters". The Indian Express. 29 August 2014.
- "'Want to confuse the audience with every poster of PK'- Aamir Khan". DNA. 21 August 2014.