||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2009)|
|Headquarters||New York, NY
Herzliya, Israel (R&D Center)
|Neil Nguyen (CEO),|
|Products||Channels, Brand Protection, Knowledge Base|
Sizmek uses Peer39 technology to analyze web pages and return attributes that determine what each page is about. They then classify these attributes into three channels: quality, safety and category. These attributes work together to define the meaning of a page. Peer39 can be used to target away from various types of content such as unverified content, unaligned content that doesn’t match the advertiser’s message, and objectionable content which includes web pages that contain negative or mature sentiment. Sizmek claims it provides its attributes to 60 billion ad impressions a day.
In April 2011, Peer39 partnered with MediaMath. Peer39 has begun to integrate real-time capabilities into TerminalOne, MediaMath's demand-side platform (DSP). This allows buyers to buy audience data, and also understand the content on a page when buying and real-time bidding across all sources of available inventory on publisher sites.
Founders and financing
Peer39, Inc. was founded in early 2006. The company has raised venture financing from Canaan Partners, Evergreen Venture Parters, JPMorgan, Dawntreader Ventures, and Silicon Valley Bank. Members of the company’s advisory board include David Rosenblatt, former President of Display Advertising at Google; Gordon Crovitz, a former publisher of the Wall Street Journal and executive vice president of Dow Jones & Company; and Eytan Elbaz, a founding member of Applied Semantics. Peer39 was founded by Amiad Solomon. Prior to founding Peer39, Solomon was a sales and business development executive at IDX (acquired by GE). Andy Ellenthal, a former CEO of quadrantONE, joined Peer39 as CEO in April 2010. Peer39 was acquired by DG (company) for $15.5 million in April 2012 with its operations and R&D merged into DG's MediaMind business. DG later spun out MediaMind and Peer39 into Sizmek in February 2014.
- "Peer39 Crunchbase Listing". CrunchBase. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- AdExchanger. "CEO Ellenthal Discusses New Peer39 Quality And Safety Attributes". Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- E & P Staff. "Peer39 Rolls Out Ad Protection Against Negative Content". Duncan McIntosh Company Inc. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Programmatic Data (Peer39)". Sizmek, Inc. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- Carthy, Roi (May 27, 2009). "Another $10.5M Unloads on Peer39's Dock". TechCrunch. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Lunden, Ingrid (24 April 2012). "DG Buys AdTech Player Peer39 For $15.5M After Peer39 Raised Nearly $30M In Its Lifetime". TechCrunch. Retrieved 11 May 2014.