|Single by Steely Dan|
|from the album Aja|
|B-side||"I Got the News"|
|Genre||Jazz-rock, soft rock|
|Writer(s)||Walter Becker, Donald Fagen|
|Steely Dan singles chronology|
"Peg" is a song by American rock group, Steely Dan, first released on the band's 1977 album entitled Aja. The track was released as single in 1977 and reached #11 on the US Billboard chart in 1978 and #8 on the Cash Box chart. In Canada, "Peg" spent three weeks at #7 during March of 1978.
Like many of their songs, it is a blend of rock, jazz and R&B; the song also incorporates disco into this blend. The song's guitar solo was attempted by seven top studio session guitarists ‒ including Robben Ford ‒ before Jay Graydon's version became the "keeper". He worked on the song for about six hours before the band was satisfied.
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100 ||11|
|U.S. Cashbox Chart ||8|
|Canadian RPM Singles ||7|
End of year charts
|End of year chart (1978)||Position|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||62|
|Canadian RPM Singles||67|
- Lead Vocals: Donald Fagen
- Backup Vocals: Michael McDonald, Paul Griffin
- Lyricon: Tom Scott
- Percussion: Victor Feldman, Gary Coleman
- Solo Guitar: Jay Graydon
- Guitar: Steve Khan
- Clavinet: Don Grolnick
- Electric Piano: Paul Griffin
- Bass: Chuck Rainey
- Drums: Rick Marotta
- Soft Rock Music - What is Soft Rock? - Oldies Music Songs and Artists
- Steely Dan USA chart history, Billboard.com. Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Classic Albums DVD: Aja
- ""Peg" by Steely Dan". Songfacts. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Original 1977 Album liner notes