Pegasus EDA 100 Flamingo
|EDA 100 Flamingo|
|Status||Test flying (2014)|
€85,000 (projected, 2011)
The Pegasus EDA 100 Flamingo is a Slovenian ultralight aircraft, designed and under development by Pegasus d.o.o. of Branik. The Flamingo was introduced to the public at the Aero show held in Friedrichshafen in 2010. The aircraft will be supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft and is expected to be distributed by Fly Synthesis in Europe.
Design and development
The Flamingo was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and intended as both a touring aircraft for private ownership and a trainer for flying school use. It features a cantilever low-wing, a two-seat tandem enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, fixed or optionally retractable tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from carbon composites. Its 8.7 m (28.5 ft) span wing has an area of 10.53 m2 (113.3 sq ft) and mounts flaps. The standard engine available will be the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke powerplant, which is expected to give a cruise of 260 km/h (162 mph) for the fixed gear version and 310 km/h (193 mph) for the retractable version.
- EDA 100 Flamingo Fixed Gear
- Model with fixed landing gear.
- EDA 100 Flamingo Retracable Gear
- Model with retractable landing gear.
Specifications (EDA 100 Flamingo)
Data from Bayerl
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wingspan: 8.7 m (28 ft 7 in)
- Wing area: 10.53 m2 (113.3 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 285 kg (628 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 100 litres (22 imp gal; 26 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Maximum speed: 260 km/h (162 mph; 140 kn)
- Stall speed: 64 km/h (40 mph; 35 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 360 km/h (224 mph; 194 kn)
- Rate of climb: 8 m/s (1,600 ft/min)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 68. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pegasus EDA 100 Flamingo.|