|Civil parish (Freguesia)|
|Official name: Freguesia de Pego|
|Lowest point||Sea level|
|- location||Atlantic Ocean, Pego, Abrantes|
|- elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Area||36.08 km2 (14 sq mi)|
|- location||Rua Horta do Cano, Pego, Abrantes|
|President Junta||Maria Florinda Fontinha de Sousa Salgueiro (PS)|
|President Assembleia||António de Oliveira Moedas (PS)|
|- summer (DST)||WEST (UTC+1)|
|ISO 3166-2 code||PT-|
|Postal zone||2205-308 Pego|
|Area code & prefix||(+351) 241 XXX XXX|
|Patron saint||Santa Luzia|
|Parish address||Rua Horta do Cano
|Statistics: Instituto Nacional de Estatística|
|Geographic detail from CAOP (2010)produced by Instituto Geográfico Português (IGP)|
Pego is a civil parish in the municipality of Abrantes, in the historic Portuguese district of Santarém. Census records from 2001 indicate a population of approximately 2,570 residents, in an area of 36.08 square kilometres (13.93 sq mi): it is the fifth most populous in the municipality.
The parish, one of the older parishes in the municipality, was already identified in the records of that period, dating to 1332.
Pego is situated in the centre of the municipality of Abrantes; one of the three parishes that do not front other municipalities within Abrantes. Its neighbours include the parishes of Mouriscas (in the northeast); Concavada (in the east); São Facundo and São Miguel do Rio Torto (to the south), Rossio (to the west) and Alferrarede (in the northwest).
Leaving the main city of Abrantes, towards Portalgre on the on the EN118, following the left margin of the Tagus, intersects the civil parish of Pego. The road leads along the Ribeira de Coalhos to a small plateau with several small low-rise homes: the first indications of a small settled community.
- Estate of Coalhos (Portuguese: Quinta dos Coalhos)
- Estate of Torre (Portuguese: Quinta da Torre)
- House of Coalhos (Portuguese: Casa dos Coalhos)
- House of Pego (Portuguese: Casa do Pego)
- Lagar of Pego (Portuguese: Lagar do Pego)
- Residence Rosado Gonçalves (Portuguese: Vivenda Rosado Gonçalves)
- Windmill of Pego (Portuguese: Moinho de vento do Pego)
- Chapel of Nossa Senhora dos Aflitos (Portuguese: Capela de Nossa Senhora dos Aflitos)
- Church of Santa Luzia (Portuguese: Igreja Paroquial de Pego/Igreja de Santa Luzia)
- INE, ed. (2010), Censos 2011 - Resultadas Preliminares [2011 Census - Preliminary Results] (in Portuguese), Lisbon, Portugal: Instituto Nacional de Estatística, retrieved 1 January 2012
- IGP, ed. (2010), Carta Administrativa Oficial de Portugal (in Portuguese), Lisbon, Portugal: Instituto Geográfico Português, retrieved 1 July 2011
|This Santarém location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|