From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Peisidice)
- A daughter of Pelias, who, together with her sisters, killed their father, as Medea tricked them into believing this was needed to rejuvenate him.
- A princess of Methymna, who fell in love with Achilles as he besieged her city, and promised to put Methymna into his possession if he would marry her. He agreed to her terms but, as soon as the city was his, he ordered that she be stoned to death as a traitor.
- A daughter of Leucon and mother of a son Argynnos, who was loved by Agamemnon and drowned in River Cephissus.
- Hesiod, Catalogue of Women fr. 35; Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 9. 10; 1. 9. 27; Hyginus, Fabulae 24
- Homer, Odyssey, 3. 452
- Pseudo-Apollodorus Bibliotheca 1. 9. 9
- Catalogue of Women fr. 10(a); Pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheca 1. 7. 3
- Parthenius, Love Romances, 21
- Compare with the stories of Scylla and Minos, and of Comaetho and Amphitryon; see also Leucophrye
- Stephanus of Byzantium, s. v. Argynnion
- Pseudo-Plutarch, On Rivers, 22. 1
|This article relating to Greek mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|