Pekin Municipal Airport
|Pekin Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: C15|
|Owner||City of Pekin|
|Elevation AMSL||530 ft / 162 m|
Location of Tazewell County in Illinois
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Pekin Municipal Airport (FAA LID: C15) is a city-owned public-use airport located four nautical miles (4.6 mi, 7.4 km) south of the central business district of Pekin, a city in Tazewell County, Illinois, United States. It is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Pekin Municipal Airport covers an area of 215 acres (87 ha) at an elevation of 530 feet (162 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,000 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 9,000 aircraft operations, an average of 24 per day: 78% general aviation and 22% air taxi. At that time there were 42 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine, 7% multi-engine and 10% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for C15 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- Aerial photo as of 24 March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for C15, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: