|Genres||House, electro house, alternative dance|
|Labels||Vicious Bitch (2010-2013), RCA & Sony Music Entertainment, 2014–present|
Peking Duk are an Aria award nominated  Australian electronic music duo made up of disc jockey and music producers Adam Hyde and Reuben Styles. The pair first garnered attention in 2012 with the release of their Passion Pit bootleg remix. Since then they have opened for artists such as Example and The Bloody Beetroots and played numerous festivals around Australia. Their latest single "High" reached 5 on the ARIA Singles Chart & platinum certification.
Formed in Canberra, Australia in 2010, Peking Duk consists of Adam Hyde and Reuben Styles who both come from live music backgrounds; Both from the suburbs of inner north Canberra, Hyde and Styles always had an underlying love for music. Styles played Bass in a local band called Rubycon (now known as Slow Turismo) with three brothers from the same area of Canberra. Rubycon went places, and took out N+CBC in 2008 (National Campus Band Competition). All the meanwhile, Adam Hyde was a natural virtuoso himself, who was gifted at playing guitar and writing lyrics from an early age.
After years of creating music (and not always together) Styles and Hyde eventually began work on a new collaboration; Peking Duk - now one of the biggest names in Australian electronic music.
Upon the release of their Passion Pit bootleg remix in May 2012, the pair gained immediate attention from acclaimed blogs around the world. Since then they have released two singles, both of which have hit number one on the ARIA Club Chart & featured in the Australian Single Charts. Peking Duk have played numerous shows around Australia, Asia and North America, and their music has been supported by artists such as Tiesto, Steve Aoki and A-Trak.
In 2013, Peking Duk placed 5th in the Australia wide InTheMix Top 50 competition, this was their second year in a row in the top 10 of the competition (6th in 2012). 2013 also saw Peking Duk receive strong support from national youth broadcaster Triple J. Along with having their tracks added to rotation, Triple J also gave Peking Duk the opportunity to be a Triple J Mix Up resident which saw them present & host a weekly DJ Mix on Saturday nights for a month.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
(featuring Stef K.)
|"I Love To Rap"||2012||—||—||N/A|
|"The Way You Are"||—||—||N/A|
|"You Are Like Nobody Else"
(featuring Swanky Tunes)
(with Laidback Luke)
(featuring Nicole Millar)
|"Take Me Over"
|"—" denotes an album that did not chart in that country.|
- Liz - "U Over Them" (Peking Duk & CRNKN Remix) Mad Decent
- Dem Slackers - "Sclingel" (Peking Duk Remix) [ Tuffemup!]
- Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas featuring Iggy Azalea – "Beat Down" (Peking Duk Remix) [Dim Mak]
- DCUP - "I'm Corrupt" (Peking Duk Remix) [Chookie]
- Fitz & The Tantrums - "Out of My League" (Peking Duk Remix) [WMG]
- Vicious Cuts (2013, (Vicious Records) – Disc 2 of 2
Awards and Nominations
|2014||Best Independent Dance/Electronica or Club Single||High feat. Nicole Millar||Won|
ARIA Music Awards
|2014||Best Dance Release||High Feat. Nicole Millar||Nominated|
- "smh.com.au". www.smh.com.au. Retrieved 2014-10-07.
- "themusic.com.au". www.themusic.com.au. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "HypeM". hypem.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "AriaTop40". ariacharts.com.au. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "ARIA". pandora.nla.gov.au. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "In The Mix". www.inthemix.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Triple J". www.abc.net.au. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "SonyDeal". themusicnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Discography Peking Duk". Australian-charts.com (Hung Medien). Retrieved 19 April. Check date values in:
- Duk "Discography Peking Duk". Charts.org.nz (Hung Medien). Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2014 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 8 March 2014. Check date values in:
- "Vicious Cuts". ministryofsound.com.au. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- "AirWins". thedwarf.com.au. Retrieved 2014-10-09.