Pelzer, South Carolina
|Pelzer, South Carolina|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||483/sq mi (186.4/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1231641|
As of 2010 the town was governed by a mayor and four council members.
Community of Pelzer Historical Society founded in 2008. Ms. Beth Rostron, Founder, President, Treasurer
Pelzer is located in northeastern Anderson County at  The town's eastern border is the Saluda River, which forms the boundary with Greenville County. On the town's western border is the town of West Pelzer, and the town of Williamston is 2 miles (3 km) to the south. Anderson, the county seat, is 17 miles (27 km) to the southwest, and the center of Greenville is 17 miles (27 km) to the north.(34.6430, -82.4606).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.19 square miles (0.5 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 97 people, 35 households, and 26 families residing in the town. The population density was 498.4 people per square mile (197.1/km²). There were 37 housing units at an average density of 190.1 per square mile (75.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.88% White, 2.06% Native American, and 2.06% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.03% of the population.
There were 35 households out of which 28.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.7% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.7% were non-families. 14.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.77 and the average family size was 3.15.
In the town the population was spread out with 21.6% under the age of 18, 9.3% from 18 to 24, 29.9% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 16.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 110.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $44,063, and the median income for a family was $55,000. Males had a median income of $43,750 versus $31,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $21,518. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
- Happy Cow Creamery is located in Pelzer.
- Junior Wooten, professional baseball player.
- Captain Ellison Adger Smyth, a Founder of Pelzer, South Carolina
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pelzer town, South Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Town of Pelzer official website
- Information about the Town of Pelzer, South Carolina Appalachian Council of Governments