Pembroke Park, Florida
|Pembroke Park, Florida|
|Motto: "The Small Town That Means Big Business"|
|Incorporated (town)||10 December 1957|
|• Mayor||Emma Shoaff|
|• City Manager||Robert Levy|
|• Town||1.7 sq mi (4.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.4 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2) 17.53%|
|Elevation||6 ft (1 m)|
|• Density||4,481/sq mi (1,730.3/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP code||33021, 33023|
|Area code(s)||754, 954|
|GNIS feature ID||0288685|
Pembroke Park is a town in Broward County, Florida, United States. The town took its name from its location along Pembroke Road. As of the 2010 census, the population was 6,102. It is part of the South Florida metropolitan area, which was home to 5,564,635 people at the 2010 census. Close to half of its residents live in mobile homes.
Pembroke Park is located at  According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.3 km2). 1.4 square miles (3.5 km2) of it is land and 0.27 square miles (0.7 km2) of it (17.53%) is water..
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,299 people, 2,742 households, and 1,595 families residing in the town. The population density was 4,465.6 per square mile (1,724.9/km²). There were 4,406 housing units at an average density of 3,123.6 per square mile (1,206.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 42.61% White (33.6% were Non-Hispanic,) 48.98% African American, 0.37% Native American, 0.68% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 3.95% from other races, and 3.35% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 15.35% of the population.
There were 2,742 households out of which 29.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 31.8% were married couples living together, 21.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 41.8% were non-families. 33.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 15.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.29 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the town the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 9.0% from 18 to 24, 28.0% from 25 to 44, 18.7% from 45 to 64, and 17.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 85.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 79.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $22,605, and the median income for a family was $25,972. Males had a median income of $26,275 versus $21,230 for females. The per capita income for the town was $14,369. About 20.0% of families and 24.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 27.2% of those under age 18 and 25.5% of those age 65 or over.
As of 2000, Pembroke Park had the sixth highest percentage of Canadian residents in the US, with 3.1% of the US populace. It was also the fifth most British West Indian populace, at 1.1% (tied with Gordon Heights, New York,) the twelfth highest percentage of Jamaican residents in the US, at 8% of the city's population, and the 137th highest percentage of Cuban residents in the US, at 1.52% of the city's population (tied with Goldenrod, Florida.) It also had the 123rd most Dominicans in the US, at 1.25% (tied with three Northeast US areas,) while it had the thirty-fourth highest percentage of Haitians (tied with South Floral Park, New York, as well as Pomona, New York and Lakeview, New York,) at 5.4% of all residents.
- "Town of Pembroke Park, Florida". Town of Pembroke Park, Florida. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Pembroke Park town, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Market forcing trailer park residents from homes". The Miami Herald. Retrieved 2008-03-17.[dead link]
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Demographics of Pembroke Park, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- "MLA Data Center Results for Pembroke Park, FL". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "Ancestry Map of Canadian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "Ancestry Map of British West Indian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-28.
- "Ancestry Map of Jamaican Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "Ancestry Map of Cuban Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "Ancestry Map of Dominican Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- "Ancestry Map of Haitian Communities". Epodunk.com. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pembroke Park, Florida.|
- Pembroke Park, Florida at City-Data.com