Penbrooke Meadows, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Andre Chabot|
|• Total||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,057 m (3,468 ft)|
|• Average Income||$49,602|
|Website||Penbrooke Meadows Community Association|
Penbrooke Meadows is a residential neighbourhood in the south-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Memorial Drive to the north, 68 Street E to the east, 52 Street E to the west and International Avenue to the south.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Penbrooke Meadows had a population of  With a land area of 2 km2 (0.77 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,300/km2 (11,100/sq mi) in 2012.8,547 living in 3,212 dwellings, a 4.4% increase from its 2011 population of 8,188.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $49,602 in 2000, and there were 24.5% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 32.6% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 29.6% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by G.W. Skene Elementary, James Short Memorial Elementary and Penbrooke Meadows Elementary public schools, as well as by St. Peter Elementary School (catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Penbrooke Meadows Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 10 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-14.
|Forest Lawn Industrial||Elliston Park|