Penfield Township, Lorain County, Ohio
|Penfield Township, Ohio|
|• Total||22.1 sq mi (57.2 km2)|
|• Land||22.0 sq mi (57.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||76.7/sq mi (29.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086516|
Located in southeastern Lorain County, it borders the following townships:
- LaGrange Township - north
- Grafton Township - northeast corner
- Litchfield Township, Medina County - east
- Chatham Township, Medina County - southeast corner
- Spencer Township, Medina County - south
- Huntington Township - southwest corner
- Wellington Township - west
- Pittsfield Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Penfield Township.
Name and history
It is the only Penfield Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Lorain County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 14 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.