|Town of Penhold|
|Motto: "Honouring The Past, Challenging The Future"|
|Municipal district||Red Deer County|
|• Mayor||Dennis Cooper|
|• Governing body||Penhold Town Council|
|• Total||2.06 sq mi (5.33 km2)|
|Elevation||2,858 ft (871 m)|
|• Density||1,153/sq mi (445.3/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0M 1R0|
|Waterway||Red Deer River|
Penhold is a town in central Alberta, Canada. Penhold is surrounded by the county of Red Deer No. 23, 16 km (9.9 mi) south of Red Deer at the junction of Highway 2A and Highway 42. It is located 128 kilometres (80 mi) north of Calgary, along the Red Deer River
Originally, Penhold was one of the many whistle stops along the Canadian Pacific Railway. It incorporated as the Village of Penhold in 1904.
In 1981, the Village of Penhold incorporated as a town as a result of large population growth in the late 1970s.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Penhold had a population of 2,375 living in 889 of its 925 total dwellings, a 20.5% change from its 2006 adjusted population of 1,971. With a land area of 5.33 km2 (2.06 sq mi), it had a population density of 445.6/km2 (1,154.1/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Penhold had a population of 1,961 living in 732 dwellings, a 13.4% increase from 2001. The town has a land area of 2.35 km2 (0.91 sq mi) and a population density of 834.8/km2 (2,162/sq mi).
Attractions in Penhold include a museum, a recreation centre, a splash park and an outdoor ice rink.
The town is home to two schools. A High School is under construction and will offer Penhold residents the ability to keep their children in Penhold from K-12.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs: Municipal Officials Search
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Regular Council Meeting Agenda (CAO's Council Report)" (PDF). Town of Penhold. July 28, 2014. p. 15. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Town of Penhold Regular Council Meeting, July 16, 2012 Agenda". Town of Penhold. 2012-07-13. pp. 47–54 of 81. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- Statistics Canada. "Canada 2006 Census: Penhold - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-12.