|IATA: none – ICAO: KCKZ – FAA LID: CKZ|
|Owner||Pennridge Development Ent. Inc.|
|Location||East Rockhill Township|
|Elevation AMSL||568 ft / 173 m|
Pennridge Airport (ICAO: KCKZ, FAA LID: CKZ, formerly N70) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) north of the central business district of Perkasie in East Rockhill Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is privately owned by Pennridge Development Ent., Inc.
The airport is located on top of a ridge and is surrounded on every side by trees. Although the daily operations are under 100 takeoffs/landings, it is the largest privately owned airport between Philadelphia and Allentown.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned CKZ by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned CKZ to Canakkale Airport in Canakkale, Turkey).
The airport has been in place in Perkasie since January 23, 1966, but when Byrant Aviation took over in 1968 the activity increased rapidly. In 1981, Andrew Deutsch, a nearby resident, bought the airport to save it from turning into a housing development. For a brief period in the late 1980s, a landing fee of $5-6 was charged to pilots.
On November 1, 2008 John McCain made a stop at Pennridge Airport during his 2008 campaign.
Facilities and aircraft
Pennridge Airport covers an area of 270 acres (110 ha) at an elevation of 568 feet (173 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 8/26 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,215 by 100 feet (1,285 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending November 25, 2008, the airport had 29,635 aircraft operations, an average of 81 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 42 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine, 12% multi-engine and 2% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for CKZ ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- "Pennridge Airport, Hoping to Expand, Holds Open House". 2005-08-08. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- Great Circle Mapper: KCKZ - Pennridge Airport - Perkasie, Pennsylvania
- Aviation Safety Network: CKZ / LTBH - Canakkale Airport, Turkey
- "Pennsylvania Aviation History".
- "Pennridge Airport Past". Retrieved 2007-07-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pennridge Airport.|
- Aerial photo as of 13 April 1999 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- Pennridge Airport (N70) at PennDOT Bureau of Aviation
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CKZ, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: