Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015)|
|Jurisdiction||State government of Pennsylvania|
|Annual budget||$20,020,564 (FY 2010)|
|Agency executive||Ted Dallas, Acting Secretary|
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services is a cabinet-level state agency in Pennsylvania. The agency, based in Harrisburg, seven program offices administer services that provide care and support to Pennsylvania's most vulnerable citizens. These services include eligibility and benefits determination, foster care, juvenile justice, early childhood development, services for persons with developmental disabilities, autism services, long term living programs, management of state psychiatric hospitals, and management of the Medical Assistance physical and behavioral health care programs. The Department consists of Executive Offices and seven Program Offices that include:
- Office of Child Development and Early Learning
- Office of Children, Youth and Families
- Office of Developmental Programs
- Office of Income Maintenance
- Office of Long Term Living
- Office of Medical Assistance Programs
- Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
The Department of Human Services' (DHS) Bureau of Juvenile Justice Services (BJJS) is responsible for the administration, management, and oversight of Pennsylvania’s public facilities for adjudicated delinquent youth and to enhance the quality and coordination of juvenile justice services throughout the Commonwealth to achieve our mission of Balanced and Restorative Justice. 
- Loysville Youth Development Center (LYDC)
- New Castle Youth Development Center (NCYDC)
- North Central Secure Treatment Unit (NCSTU) - On the grounds of Danville State Hospital
- Cresson Secure Treatment Unit (CSTU) - Operated by Justice Resource Institute (JRI)
- "Comparison of 2009-2010 Governor's Executive Budget to 2008-2009 Available Funds" (PDF). Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- "Learn About DHS".
- "" Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. January 20, 2015.
- "Loysville Youth Development Center." Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Retrieved on July 25, 2010.
- "New Castle Youth Development Center." Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Retrieved on July 25, 2010.
- "North Central Secure Treatment Unit." Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Retrieved on July 25, 2010.
- "Juvenile Justice: Cresson Secure Treatment Unit." Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Retrieved on July 25, 2010.
|This Pennsylvania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|