Pennsylvania Route 313
|Maintained by PennDOT|
|Length:||18.021 mi (29.002 km)|
|Existed:||1928 – present|
|West end:||PA 309 / PA 663 in Quakertown|
| PA 611 in Doylestown
US 202 in Doylestown
|East end:||PA 263 in Doylestown Township|
Pennsylvania Route 313 (PA 313) is a mostly 2-lane, 18-mile-long (29 km) state highway entirely within Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It is an east–west road, although it runs almost purely northwest/southeast through most of its course. It is a major arterial road in central and northern Bucks County as it connects several large towns.
The westbound end of PA 313 is at an intersection with Pennsylvania Route 309 in Quakertown. The eastbound end is at an intersection with Pennsylvania Route 263 in the Doylestown Township hamlet of Furlong.
PA 313 begins at a traffic light with Pennsylvania Route 309 and 663 in Quakertown. Known as West Broad Street, 313 goes through downtown Quakertown intersecting with Main Street and Pennsylvania Route 212. 313 then makes a sudden dive to the right and becomes East Broad Street just before leaving Quakertown. The road then becomes the Doylestown Pike headed for Keelersville. In Keelersville, Pennsylvania Route 563 comes in from the left and merges with 313 for 1.3 miles (2.1 km). 563 leaves to the right on North Ridge Road at 6.0 miles (9.7 km). 313, now known as West Dublin Pike, goes through East Rockhill and soon after Dublin. 313 intersects with Pennsylvania Route 113 at 8.8 miles (14.2 km) in Hilltown Township. 313 comes upon an interchange with Pennsylvania Route 611 in Doylestown.
PA 313 was first signed in 1928, at which time the route stretched from Quakertown to PA 113. In 1946, the designation was extended to US 202 just east of Doylestown. Later, in 1977, the designation was extended to its present location at the junction with PA 263.
The entire route is in Bucks County.
|Quakertown||0.000||0.000||PA 309 (West End Boulevard) / PA 663 south – Sellersville, Allentown||Northern terminus of PA 663.
Western terminus of PA 313.
|1.366||2.198||PA 212 east (Hellertown Avenue)||Western terminus of PA 212.|
|East Rockhill Township||4.784||7.699||PA 563 north (Mountain View Drive) – Nockamixon State Park||Western terminus of Concurrency.|
|6.037||9.716||PA 563 south (Ridge Road) – Perkasie||Eastern terminus of Concurrency.|
|Hilltown Township||8.830||14.211||PA 113 (Souderton Road, Bedminster Road)|
|Doylestown Township||14.486||23.313||PA 611 south (Doylestown Bypass) – Warrington||Interchange.|
|Buckingham Township||16.501||26.556||US 202 (East State Street, Doylestown Buckingham Pike) – Buckingham, Doylestown|
|18.021||29.002||PA 263 (York Road)||Eastern terminus of PA 313.|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- U.S. Roads portal
- Pennsylvania portal
- U.S. Route 13
- Pennsylvania Route 113
- Pennsylvania Route 213
- Pennsylvania Route 413
- Pennsylvania Route 513
- Bureau of Maintenance and Operations (December 31, 2012). "Roadway Management System Straight Line Diagrams" (2013 ed.). Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Bucks County (PDF)
- Google Inc. Google Maps – overview map of Pennsylvania Route 313 (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=PA+313&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl. Retrieved 2007-08-20.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1930). Pennsylvania Road Map (front section) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1930fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1950). Pennsylvania Road Map (front section) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1950fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- PennDOT (1980). Pennsylvania Road Map (front section) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1980fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- Media related to Pennsylvania Route 313 at Wikimedia Commons