Pennsylvania Route 832
|Maintained by PennDOT|
|Length:||11.15 mi (17.94 km)|
|Existed:||1929 – present|
|South end:||PA 98 in Fairview Township|
| I-90 in McKean Township
US 20 in Millcreek Township
PA 5 in Millcreek Township
|North end:||Presque Isle State Park|
Pennsylvania Route 832 (PA 832; officially SR 832), known locally as Sterrettania Road and Peninsula Drive, is a state highway located in Erie County, Pennsylvania. Its northern terminus is at the entrance to Presque Isle State Park in Erie. The southern terminus is at Pennsylvania Route 98, two miles (3 km) west of Sterrettania in Fairview Township. PA 832 has junctions with U.S. Route 20, Pennsylvania Route 5 and Pennsylvania Route 5 Alternate. PA 832 is exit 18 off Interstate 90.
PA 832 begins at an intersection with PA 98 south of I-90 exit 16 in Fairview Township. The route continues east as Sterrettania Road, paralleling I-90 through Sterrettania before turning to the northeast and interchanging with I-90 at exit 18. PA 832 continues to the northeast, entering the city of Erie from the southwest. Within Erie, PA 832 intersects West 38th Street and West 32nd Street, among other roadways, before intersecting U.S. Route 20 (West 26th Street). At US 20, PA 832 switches names from Sterrettania Road to Peninsula Drive and turns to the northwest toward the Lake Erie shoreline.
North of US 20, PA 832 crosses the mainlines of both CSX Transportation and the Norfolk Southern Railway via the Arthur F. Deitsch Memorial Bridge prior to junctions with PA 5 (West 12th Street) and PA 5 Alternate (West 8th Street/West Lake Road) near the lakeshore. Unlike most north–south state routes in Erie, which terminate at PA 5 Alternate, PA 832 continues north to the lakeshore, connecting Erie to the Presque Isle State Park, located on a peninsula protruding into Lake Erie north of the city. While Peninsula Road continues north onto the peninsula and into the park, the PA 832 designation terminates at the entrance to the park.
The entire route is in Erie County.
|Fairview Township||0.00||0.00||PA 98 (Avonia Road) – Fairview, Lavery|
|McKean Township||3.16||5.09||I-90 – Erie, Cleveland||Exit 18 (I-90)|
|Millcreek Township||8.97||14.44||US 20 (West 26th Street)|
|9.87||15.88||PA 5 (West 12th Street) / LECT|
PA 5 Alt (West 8th Street)
|11.15||17.94||Peninsula Drive – Presque Isle State Park|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Pennsylvania State Roads - 2010. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Department of Tranpsortation. 2010.
- Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo! Maps (Map). Cartography by Navteq. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=42.069761&lon=-80.155178&zoom=12&q1=41.997005%2C-80.234604&q2=42.114569%2C-80.152678. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1930). Pennsylvania State Map (front side) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1930fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1941). Erie County Map (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_PDF_FILES/Maps/Type_10_GHS_Historical_Scans/Erie_1941.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1940). Pennsylvania State Map (front side) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1940fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1960). Pennsylvania State Map (front side) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1960fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- Pennsylvania Department of Highways (1970). Pennsylvania State Map (front side) (Map). ftp://ftp.dot.state.pa.us/public/pdf/BPR_pdf_files/Maps/Statewide/Historic_OTMs/1970fr.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pennsylvania Route 832.|
- Adam Prince's Highway Beginnings and Endings in Pennsylvania
- Central PA/MD Roads at mplex.com
- Pennsylvania Highways