Penny Lancaster in 2008
15 March 1971 |
Chelmsford, Essex, England
|Spouse(s)||Rod Stewart (m. 2007)|
|Children||Alastair Wallace Stewart (born 27 November 2005) Aiden Patrick Stewart (born 16 February 2011)|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Dress size||6 (US)|
Penny Lancaster-Stewart (born 15 March 1971) is an English model and photographer. She is best known for her modeling work for designer lingerie brand Ultimo. She is married to rock singer Rod Stewart.
Early life and career
Lancaster was brought up by parents Graham and Sally who were both regular gym-goers and encouraged a love of fitness. She also has a brother called Oliver. At the age of six, Lancaster took up dance, learning tap, ballet and modern but decided to quit at the age of 16 due to her height and decided aerobics would better suit her frame. Six years later Lancaster became a certified fitness trainer. It was during this time when she was spotted by a model scout who suggested she should consider a career in modelling.
Throughout the 1990s she was in a long-term relationship with city trader Mickey Sloan. They lived in Bermuda from 1996-1998 but separated in 1999.
Around this time Lancaster also decided to learn about the other side of modelling and began taking photography classes. She has reportedly turned down an approach to appear in The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
In 2002 Lancaster signed up to be the face of designer lingerie brand Ultimo for a reported £200,000. Lancaster was seen to be a success at promoting the brand raising its profile, especially in the United Kingdom, but two years later, Lancaster's contract was not renewed.
Strictly Come Dancing
Lancaster was announced as one of the fourteen celebrities taking part in the fifth series of Strictly Come Dancing. In week 4, she was revealed as one of the bottom two participants. She and her partner (Ian Waite) were in the week six dance-off alongside Matt Di Angelo and were voted off.
|Week #||Dance||Judges' score||Result|
|1||Swing||Group Performance - Not Judged|
From 15th September 2014, Lancaster joined the ITV, daytime talkshow Loose Women, she appears as an occasional panelist.
In 1999 Lancaster had the chance to meet singer Rod Stewart who offered to let her take photos of him whilst on tour. When the pair began going out it caused a large tabloid interest as Stewart had recently separated from his wife and mother of two of his children Rachel Hunter.
Lancaster gave birth to her first child (Stewart's seventh child) a 7 lb, 7oz boy on 27 November 2005. On 17 February 2011, it was announced that Lancaster had given birth to their second child, a boy.
- "Eight ways short people disguise their height". BBC News Online. 8 September 2009.
- "'Penny Lancaster'". AskMen.com.
- "Ladies first: Penny Lancaster strides ahead after an evening outâ¦ while husband Rod Stewart follows behind in contrasting coat". Daily Mail (London).
- "'Storm in a D-cup'". Scotsman.com. 18 January 2004. Retrieved 2004-01-18.
- "'Rod's girl Penny all set for 'perfect' wedding'". hellomagazine.com. 6 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-06.
- "'Rod Stewart's Fiancée Gives Birth'". people.com. 28 November 2005. Retrieved 2005-11-28.
- "Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster celebrate birth of boy". BBC News. 17 February 2011.
- "'Rod Stewart Marries Penny Lancaster in Italy'". people.com. 17 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-17.