An artist's rendering of Pentominium
|Location||Plot No. 392-567
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Cost||AED 1.46 billion|
|Roof||515.95 m (1,692.7 ft)|
|Top floor||468 m (1,535 ft)|
6 below ground
|Floor area||163,721 m2 (1,762,280 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Trident International Holdings|
|Main contractor||Arabian Construction Company
Hitachi Plant Technologies
|Number of units||172|
The Pentominium is a 122-storey, 516 m (1,693 ft) supertall skyscraper under construction in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Construction on the tower was halted since August 2011. It was designed by Andrew Bromberg of architects Aedas  and funded by Trident International Holdings. The AED 1.46 billion (US$400 million) construction contract was awarded to Arabian Construction Company (ACC). The Pentominium has one of the deepest excavations done in the world, performed by Swissboring Overseas Piling Corp.
Construction commenced on 26 July 2009 and, before construction stopped, the building was expected to be completed in 2013. As of May 2011[update], 22 floors had been completed. When completed, the Pentominium is scheduled to become the second tallest building in Dubai after Burj Khalifa, and one of the tallest buildings in the world.
Projected residential height
The Pentominium will be the tallest all-residential building in the world upon completion if construction resumes and it currently has the highest projected height of any residential building under construction. It has been described as "one of the most architecturally significant projects in the city currently under construction" due to the "large number of offset cantilevered spa gardens and apartments down one side [which create] an imbalance for the building and, as a result, some fairly significant building sways which have to be corrected during construction."
The project management contract was awarded to the project management firm Precipio.
Apartments and design
The word "pentominium" is a portmanteau of the words "penthouse" and "condominium". Each residential floor will have just one 4-bedroom apartment of over 600 m2 (6,500 sq ft). Amenities available to residents include a swimming pool, an observation deck, a private cinema, a health club and a banqueting hall, along with a cigar lounge and a business centre.
- List of tallest buildings in Dubai
- List of tallest residential buildings in Dubai
- List of buildings with 100 floors or more
- Pentominium at CTBUH Skyscraper Database
- Pentominium at Emporis
- Pentominium at SkyscraperPage
- Pentominium at Structurae
- Sarah Blackman (7 September 2009). "Pentominium to be completed by 2014". Construction Week. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Contractors appointed to world's tallest residential tower set for Dubai". World Architecture News. 14 Sep 2009.
- "Pentominium at Aedas".
- Sarah Blackman (7 September 2009). "ACC gets Pentominium construction contract". Construction Week. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Pentominium - The Defined Height of Luxury". Trident International Holdings. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- Broomhall, Elizabeth (24 March 2011). "Site visit: Pentominium Tower". Construction Week. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "The Pentominium". Precipio Consulting. 2009. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "Trident rolls out new tower". Arabian Business. 26 May 2007. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pentominium.|