Vietnam People's Public Security
|Vietnam People's Public Security
Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam
Logo of Vietnam National Police Agency
Six letters of gold: National Police Guard
For myself, to frugal integrity;
|Active||19/08/1945 – Present|
|Motto||Homeland Security Protection|
|Colors||yellow, red, blue|
|March||We are the soldiers of Police
Author: Professor Trọng Bằng
|Anniversaries||'On Tradition: August 19|
|Engagements||Xo Viet Nghe Tinh
Wen Cases As Much
Nam Cam case and accomplices
Department for PMU 18
Cat Tuong Beauty Salon
|General||Trần Đại Quang|
|Lê Hồng Anh,
The People's Public Security of Vietnam (Vietnamese: Công an Nhân dân Việt Nam) is the main police and security force of Vietnam. It is a part of Vietnam People's Armed Forces. It is under the control of Communist Party of Vietnam.
This force was created on August 19, 1945.
- 1 Functions and branches
- 2 The organizational system of the People's Public Security Forces
- 3 Public Security Departments of centrally run cities
- 4 Ranks of the People's Public Security of Vietnam
Functions and branches
The People's Public Security of Vietnam has two branches:
- Vietnam National Security
- Prevent, investigate, and make the violate action with national security fail.
- Intelligence working.
- Guild and combine with another force to protect internal political security, economical security, ideology-cultural security, network security and information security.
- Manage entrance or exit visas. Manage every foreign person and Vietnamese people in foreign country visit to Vietnam. Protect the secret of government. Work in mission to protect national security at border region, border gate follow the law.
- The cores to build personal security in every kind of life, at every area in the country.
- Doing any other mission, competence and duties follow the law.
- Vietnam National Police
- Prevents, investigates and struggles to anti the crime who violate the law about order of social safety, about environment, politics, traffic, functions, corruption. Investigate the reason, condition that made crime grow. Suggest the way to overcome. Join to educating those crime follow the law.
- Manage population, Vietnamese registration system, identification, security, order of every business job in condition. Manage and make sure about the safety of traffic, order of public. Managing the weapon, fire-material, explore-material. Manage and work for missions for civil defense and fire prevention and jooning rescue operations during calamities.
- Execute other duties and missions in accordance with the Constitution and the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
These two forces are trained mainly at two institutions. That is, the People's Police Academy of Vietnam and the People's Security Institute of Vietnam.
The organizational system of the People's Public Security Forces
- The organizational system of the People's Public Security Forces is composed of:
- The Public Security Ministry;
- Public Security Departments of provinces and centrally run cities;
- Public Security Offices of rural districts, urban districts, provincial towns and provincially run cities;
- Public Security Offices of communes, wards and townships.
- Commune public security offices constitute a part-time armed force, playing the core role in "the entire population protects the Fatherland's security" movement and ensuring social security, order and safety at grassroots levels. They submit to the direct and comprehensive leadership of local Party Committees, the management and administration of commune People's Committees, and the professional direction and guidance of superior public security offices.
Law provides for the organization, operation, equipment, uniform, training, cultivation, regimes, and policies towards commune public security force.
- Basing oneself on the security and order requirements and within the ambit of his own tasks and powers, the Minister of Public Security shall decide on establishment of public security stations and offices as well as independent units to be disposed in necessary geographical areas.
Public Security Departments of centrally run cities
- Hanoi Police Department
- Ho Chi Minh City Police Department
- Hai Phong Police Department
- Da Nang Police Department
- Can Tho Police Department
Ranks of the People's Public Security of Vietnam
Highest rank (Army Forces)
- General - only held by Minister of Public Security.
- Colonel General - usually held by Deputy Ministers of Public Security.
- Lieutenant General - usually held by Director Generals of General Department, Director General of Ho Chi Minh City Police Department, Director General of Hanoi Police Department.
- Major General - usually by Vice Director Generals of General Department and Directors of Department.
Middle-ranking and low-ranking officers
- Senior Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of Provincial Police and Directors of Department.
- Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of District Police and Chiefs of Division.
- Lieutenant Colonel - usually held by Chiefs of Ward Police and Chiefs of Police Team.
- First Lieutenant
- Second Lieutenant
- Sergeant Major
- Private First Class, Senior Constable
- Private, Constable
Media related to Police of Vietnam at Wikimedia Commons