Pepperdine University School of Law
|Pepperdine University School of Law|
|Motto||Strengthening Lives for Purpose, Service, and Leadership|
|Parent school||Pepperdine University|
|Parent endowment||$850 million|
|Dean||Deanell R. Tacha|
|Location||Malibu, CA, US|
|Bar pass rate||80% (ABA profile)|
|ABA profile||Pepperdine University School of Law|
The school placed 61st among the nation's "Top 100" law schools according to the 2013 U.S. News and World Report rankings and is the third highest ranked law school in Southern California. The school had an 88% California bar passage rate in July 2010 and an 86% pass rate in July 2011, giving it the fourth highest California bar passage rate for two consecutive years after: Stanford, Berkeley, and University of Southern California.  Pepperdine Law is best known for its entertainment law, and its dispute resolution program, which is currently ranked No. 1 in the nation.
Deanell Reece Tacha, former Chief Judge of The United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, became Dean on June 1, 2011.
Pepperdine University School of Law is approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) since 1972, holds membership in the Association of American Law Schools (AALS), and is accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners, State Bar of California. Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to practice in any state.
Pepperdine University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Herbert and Elinor Nootbaar Institute on Law, Religion and Ethics 
The purpose of the Nootbaar Institute on Law, Religion, and Ethics is to bring the redemptive capacities of religious faith and moral insight to law, to find ways in which persons trained in law can serve “the least of these” throughout the world, and to explore how the practice of law might be a religious calling. We seek to do so at a theoretical level through seminars, conferences, and scholarship. We also seek to put theory into action, working with governments and human rights organizations to bring peace, justice, and the rule of law around the globe.
The Nootbaar Institute includes three initiatives: 1) Scholarship with respect to issues at the intersection of law and religion; 2) Domestic Justice Initiatives, such as the Legal Aid Clinic and the Asylum and Refugee Clinic; and 3) the Global Justice Program.
Global Justice Program 
The Global Justice Program touches all corners of the globe through its initiatives in 1) international human rights and religious freedom, 2) advancement of the rule of law, and 3) global development. Through these initiatives, students and faculty collaborate to seek justice and create a lasting impact in some of the world's most vulnerable places. Under the umbrella of the Herbert and Elinor Nootbaar Institute for Law, Religion, and Ethics, the Global Justice Program is growing rapidly in response to student interest and demand from global partners.
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution 
Pepperdine University School of Law’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution provides professional training and academic programs in dispute resolution including a Certificate, Masters in Dispute Resolution (MDR) and Masters of Law in Dispute Resolution (LLM). Straus provides education to law and graduate students, as well as mid-career professionals in areas of mediation, negotiation, arbitration, international dispute resolution and peacemaking. The Straus Institute has consistently ranked the number one Dispute Resolution school in the nation for the past 7 years, and has remained among the top 10 schools over the last decade.
- Pepperdine Law Review
- Dispute Resolution Law Journal
- Journal of the National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary
- Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law
Each year the Pepperdine Law Review hosts one or two symposia that bring well-known speakers to campus. Written contributions to each symposium are published in the Law Review. In 2013, the Law Review will host two symposia Tax Advice for the Second Obama Administration on Friday, January 18, 2013 and The New Normal in College Sports: Realigned and Reckoning on Friday, April 5, 2013.
Joint Degree Programs 
Joint degree programs include the JD/MPP degree in conjunction with the Pepperdine University School of Public Policy, the JD/Masters of Dispute Resolution degree in conjunction with the School of Law's number one ranked Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and the JD/MBA degree in conjunction with the Graziadio School of Business and Management.
Noted people 
- Roger Cossack
- Colleen Graffy
- Douglas Kmiec
- Mark S. Scarberry
- Edward Larson – Pulitzer Prize winning author
- Kenneth Starr – former Dean, former appellate federal judge, and former U.S. Solicitor General
- Deanell Reece Tacha – Dean and retired Chief Judge of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Guest speakers and visiting faculty 
- Justice Samuel Alito (visiting)
- Justice Antonin Scalia (visiting)
- Justice Anthony M. Kennedy (guest speaker)
- Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts (guest speaker)
- Retired Justice Sandra Day O'Connor (guest speaker)
- Mary M. Schroeder – Senior Judge on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (guest speaker)
- John Robert Bolton – Former U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations (guest Speaker)
- Ruth Wedgwood (guest speaker)
- Benjamin Joseph Odoki – Chief Justice of the Uganda Supreme Court (guest speaker)
- Condoleezza Rice – 66th United States Secretary of State (guest speaker)
- Tharcisse Karugarama – Rwandan politician. He is the current Minister of Justice and Attorney-General in the Rwandan government. (guest Speaker)
- Robert K. Tanenbaum – Former Deputy Chief Counsel for the House Select Committee on Assassinations to investigate the John F. Kennedy assassination and the Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination (guest speaker)
- Mark Lane (guest speaker)
- Myron T. Steele – Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court (guest speaker)
- Paul L. Caron – Associate dean of faculty, and Charles Hartsock Professor of Law at the University of Cincinnati (visiting)
- Gary Haugen – CEO of the International Justice Mission (visiting)
- Beverley McLachlin – Chief Justice of Canada and Deputy of the Governor General of Canada (guest speaker)
- Akhil Reed Amar (visiting)
- Lawrence Eric Taylor (visiting)
- Muhammad Yunus – Economist, winner of the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize, and founder of the Grameen Bank (guest speaker)
- Paul Drew Clement – Former United States Solicitor General and current Georgetown Law Professor
- Ben Stein - Former faculty
- Eileen Moore, 1978 – Justice of the California Court of Appeal
- Rod Blagojevich, 1983 – Governor of Illinois, 2003–2009; impeached; on December 7, 2011, sentenced to 14 years in prison.
- Mark J. Caruso, 1982 – State Representative New Mexico Legislature, 1991–1995
- Rich Cho, 1997 – general manager of the Charlotte Bobcats
- André Birotte Jr., 1991 – United States Attorney for the Central District of California
- Talis J. Colberg, 1983 – Attorney General of Alaska, 2006–2009
- James Hahn, 1975 – Mayor of Los Angeles, 2001–2005
- Rick J. Caruso, 1983 – Chief executive officer of Caruso Affiliated
- Mike Leach, 1986 – Head Football coach Texas Tech University, 2000–2009
- Todd Russell Platts, 1991 – U.S. Congressman from Pennsylvania, 2001–
- Pierre-Richard Prosper, 1989 – United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, 2001–2005
- Jennifer A. Dorsey, 1994 - Nevada attorney and a current nominee for United States District Judge for the United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Jeffrey S. Boyd, 1991 - Justice of the Texas Supreme Court,  2012 -
- Thomas Fessler, 1983 - Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel VSP Global 
- Brian K. Tester, 1990 – United States Bankruptcy Judge, District of Puerto Rico
Honor societies 
- "U.S. News & World Report, "Best Law Schools: Pepperdine University"". Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- Deanell Tacha Named Dean of the Pepperdine University School of Law
- California Bar Exam Pass Rates by School (July 2010 Exam) | Law Riot
- Best Entertainment Law Schools and Sports Law Schools
- Best Graduate Schools – Education – USNews
- "ABA-Approved Law Schools by Year". ABA website. Retrieved April 20, 2011.
- AALS Member Schools
- Straus Institute
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine Law School
- "Best Law Schools Specialty Rankings: Dispute Resolution." US World and News Report 
- USNEWS Rankings
- "Obama nominates two Las Vegas lawyers to Nevada federal bench". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Gov. Perry Appoints Boyd to the Supreme Court of Texas". Office of the Governor Rick Perry. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Jeffrey Boyd Appointed to Texas Supreme Court". Pepperdine University School of Law. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Alumnus Thomas Fessler Talks High-Stakes Business". Pepperdine University School of Law. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Leadership". VSP Global. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- Brian K. Tester Judge Profile – martindale.com
- Pepperdine Law School Press Release
- Order of The Coif Membership List
- Official website
- Global Justice Program
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Pepperdine Law Review
- Pepperdine Law Review Articles – Digital Commons