Per G. Malm
|Per G. Malm|
|Second Quorum of the Seventy|
|3 April 2010|
|Called by||Thomas S. Monson|
|Born||Per Gösta Malm
12 September 1948
Per Gösta Malm (born 12 September 1948) has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 2010. Malm is the first general authority who was a resident of Sweden at the time of his call.
Malm was raised by Latter-day Saint parents. His father had read the Book of Mormon and then told the missionaries he was meeting with that he wanted to be baptized. Malm first met his wife, Ingrid Agneta Karlsson, at a campground while their families were traveling to the Bern Switzerland Temple. They were later married in the Bern Switzerland Temple and are the parents of eight children.
At age 16, Malm was called as a construction missionary for the LDS Church. He worked as a bricklayer on buildings in Sweden, Finland, Germany, and the Netherlands. After serving a short time in the Swedish military, Malm served as a regular LDS Church missionary in the church's Sweden Stockholm Mission.
Malm spent much of his career as an employee of the LDS Church's Office of the Presiding Bishop, overseeing building maintenance, budgets and other temporal affairs of the church. He was for a time director of Temporal Affairs in the Church's Europe Area.
Malm served in the LDS Church as a counselor in the Sweden Goteborg Mission presidency when it was organized in the 1970s. He also served as a branch president, high councilor, counselor in a stake presidency, stake president, and as the church's public affairs director for Sweden. From 2003 to 2006, Malm was president of the Norway Oslo Mission. In 2008 he was called as an area seventy. While in this position, Malm was the area supervisor for the Centers for Young Adults program. He was appointed as a general authority and member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy in April 2010. He filled general assignments at Church headquarters from the time of his call till August 2011. From August 2011-August 2012 he served as Assistant Executive Director in the church's Curriculum Department and simultaneously as an adviser to the Church magazines. In August 2012, he was called to serve as second counselor in the Europe East Area Presidency. He will be released from that assignment and reassigned to Church headquarters effective August 1, 2014.
- R. Scott Lloyd, "Elder Per G. Malm: New Seventy is a first for Sweden", Church News (Deseret News), 2010-05-29.
- "New LDS Church General Authorities Called and Primary General Presidency Reorganized". 04/03/10. KCSG Television. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2012, Church News (Deseret News), 5 May 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2013, Church News (Deseret News), 25 May 2013. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Maxfield, Lindsay (3 July 2013). "LDS Church creates first stake in Armenia". KSL TV. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Area Leadership Assignments, 2014, Church News (Deseret News), 3 May 2014. Retrieved 5 May 2014.