|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
peralasseri is 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from the district headquarters Kannur. The nearest town and railway stations are Thalassery which is 14 km (8.7 mi) and Kannur which is15 km (9.3 mi) away. The Place is surrounded by 4 panchayats: Kadambur, vengad, Anjarakandi, Pinarayi. The Panchayath Office is located near Peralassery Subrahmanya Temple.
As of 2001[update] India census, Peralasseri had a population of 15,818. Males constitute 47% of the population and females 53%. Peralasseri has an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 88%, and female literacy is 85%. In Peralasseri, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This is one of the smallest towns in kannur district of kerala state . Kannur - Kuthuparamba state highway is passing through this place. Peralasseri is 15 km away from KANNUR town and about 14 km away from the Proposed Kannur (Mattannur) air port.
The hanging bridge of Peralasseri is a notable tourist attraction. This is one of the few hanging bridges in Kannur district.. Sree Subrahmanya Swamy Temple, in Peralasseri is also very famous.
According to myths, Lord Rama and Lakshmana stopped over at this temple while they were travelling to Lanka to fulfill their mission of freeing Sita, and left his bangle in this place. It was believed to be evolution behind the name of this place. Peralasseri was known as 'Peruvalasseri' related to the event of Sri Rama. After many years it was shortened as 'Péralasseri
- Peralassery Grama Panchayath Office
- Mundaloor Post office
- Makreri Village Office
- KSEB Electrical Section Office - Peralassery
- Kerala Water Authority Asst Engineer Office and Asst Executive Engineer Office.
- BSNL Telephone Exchange - Peralassery
- AKG smaraka co- op hospital
- Govt. Ayurvedic Dispensary
Schools and Colleges
- Peralasseri Service Co-op Bank - Main Branch
- Central Bank Of India - Peralasseri Branch
- Mownachery Co-op Rural Bank - Peralasseri Branch
- Canara Bank - Peralasseri Branch
Famous Religious Centres
- Peralasseri Subrahmanya Temple
- Mundaloor Rifayi Masjid
- Mundaloor Mueenul Islam Sabha Secondary Madrassa.
- Peralassery Markaz Yatheem Khana
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peralasseri.|