|Industry||Content Management, Document Imaging, Document Management, Document Management System, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process Management, Software, Document Output Management|
|Founded||Shawnee, Kansas (1995)|
|Number of locations||Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom|
|Key people||Scott Coons (President and CEO)
Cary DeCamp, Chief Marketing Officer
Brent Flanders, Vice President, Technical Services
Patrick Kearney, Vice President, Professional Services
Marge Adair, Vice President, Corporate Finance
Darren Knipp, Chief Operating Officer
|Products||Document Management, Document Imaging, Workflow, eForms, Records and Information Management, Document Output Management, Business Process Management|
|Employees||900+ worldwide |
Perceptive Software is a software firm that develops enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), and document output management (DOM) applications. Headquartered in Shawnee, Kansas, USA, with regional offices in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom, the company employs more than 900 workers.
- 1 History
- 2 Products
- 3 Partnerships
- 4 Awards
- 5 Community engagement
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The company was founded in 1988 as Genesis Software and initially produced accounts payable software applications. The name changed to Perceptive Vision in 1995, when the company's focus shifted to document management, imaging and workflow and its flagship product, ImageNow. The company became Perceptive Software in 2004 and was acquired by Lexmark International in 2010 for $280 million.
In March 2012, Lexmark International acquired Australia-based ISYS Search Software for $32 million and U.S.-based Nolij Corporation for $32 million. ISYS builds enterprise search solutions, and Nolij develops web-based document imaging and workflow software.
In January 2013, Lexmark acquired Minnesota-based Acuo Technologies for $45 million. Acuo Technologies develops medical imaging document management software.
In March 2013, Lexmark announced acquisitions of AccessVia and Twistage for a combined purchase price of approximately $31.5 million.
In late August 2013, Lexmark signed an agreement to acquire Germany-based Saperion AG, a leading developer and provider of enterprise content management (ECM) and business process management (BPM) software in Europe, for a cash purchase price of approximately $72 million.
In early October 2013, Lexmark acquired PACSGEAR, a leading provider of connectivity solutions for medical image management and electronic health records, for a cash purchase price of approximately $54 million. PACSGEAR will report into Perceptive Software.
The product focus for Perceptive Software is enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), and document output management (DOM) software technology and applications. Core components of this software are document and records management, document imaging, enterprise information management, eForms, and records and information management (RIM).
The company’s business applications automate back office processes such as accounting and financials, human resources, contract management, payroll, legal and compliance. Key industries currently using Perceptive Software’s ECM applications include higher education, customer service, healthcare, government, and financial services.
Perceptive Software's document imaging applications give users the ability to capture, index, process and access content on a unified information platform that can monitor and import e-mail, files and faxes, convert data into readable documents, and share data with other applications.
Perceptive Software develops a suite of document management and collaboration software that supports the creation, editing, and distribution of documents created in applications delivered to a Microsoft Windows desktop or web browser. Library services provide a central repository for the storage and management of documents, giving users the ability to check documents in and out for editing, detail the chain of custody, and create electronic document approval.
Perceptive Software develops workflow management software that creates, manages and modifies workflow processes. It controls and creates a hierarchy for the distribution of business documents, centrally manages privileges, and gives users access to documents.
Multiple, customizable automated redaction methods ensure the effective masking of sensitive, confidential, or legally significant information without compromising the original content.
eForms technology enables the electronic data capture and management of business-specific or process-specific information through HTML-based forms deployed in portal, website and client environments. eForms supports industry-standard data formats and technology and builds forms using web technologies like HTML, XSLT and CSS. Content is collected, stored, organized, and secured independently, enabling users to route information, apply version control, and enter, select, view and modify information.
Perceptive Software's records and information management (RIM) product, Retention Policy Manager, electronically manages the life cycle of business content. It captures, stores, and organizes all document information and builds records retention policies such as automated dispositions, legal and audit holds, and generated certificates of destruction.
Perceptive Software offers access to their products on a subscription basis, which lets users utilize applications that are managed and maintained in environments that are managed and maintained by Perceptive Software.
Its global headquarters includes a slide between the second and first floors and a regulation dodgeball court.
Perceptive Software has partnerships with the following hardware and software providers:
Perceptive Software has been named a Computerworld Honors Laureate, and president and CEO Scott Coons has received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. The Kansas City Business Journal honored Perceptive Software with its "Hall of Champions" award in 2010.
Employees voted it one of Kansas City’s “Best Places to Work" in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. Additionally, the Kansas City Business Journal named Perceptive Software a Champion of Business in 2010.
Perceptive Software’s "Community Works" program supports a mix of causes, philanthropies and programs in which its employees are invested. The company’s annual dodgeball tournament, Dodge for a Cause, benefits the Kansas City chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and has generated nearly $90,000 for diabetes research and programs.
Educating Excellence, a program developed in partnership with the University of Kansas School of Engineering, recognizes outstanding Kansas and Kansas City-area high school science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) teachers.
Other organizations supported by Perceptive Software include the American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Cells for Cells, Harvesters, Kansas City Corporate Challenge, Light the Night, Old Shawnee Days, Rebuilding Together Shawnee, Run for Mercy and Treads and Threads.
- Alyson, Raletz (3 February 2012). "Apple co-founder rolls into Perceptive Software on a Segway". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "HIStalk Interviews Scott Coons, President and CEO, Perceptive Software". HIStalk. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Ellen, Jensen (6 June 2010). "Change and constancy: Perceptive Software will have a new owner but the same old goal: growth". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Lexmark International buys Perceptive Software for $280M". Kansas City Business Journal. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Alyson, Raletz (10 February 2012). "Perceptive Software’s global growth brings local jobs". Kansas City Business Journal.
- "Lexmark acquires Pallas Athena". PR Newswire. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- Alyson, Raletz (19 March 2012). "Perceptive Software absorbs two more technology companies". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Lexmark acquires Acuo Technologies - Jan 2, 2013". Newsroom.lexmark.com. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Lexmark acquires Twistage and AccessVia". Newsroom.lexmark.com. 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- Sara, Stroud. "End the Paper(less) Chase". Campus Technology. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- Ann, McClure. "Streamlining Admissions: Opening the Front Door". University Business. Retrieved 1 August 2008.
- Suzanna, Stagemeyer (18 May 2008). "People power: Perceptive Software finds key to happy clients: Hire right employees". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 18 May 2008.
- Mark, Thompson. "Enterprise Content Management -- Going paperless can save more than trees". Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- Meridith, Levinson. "Little Printers, Big Expense: How to Control Imaging Costs". CIO. Retrieved 28 February 2008.
- Neal, Starkman. "Image and Integrate". Campus Technology. Retrieved 11 January 2007.
- Beckie, Kelly. "Document Management: Putting Together the Pieces". Health Data Management. Retrieved 1 August 2007.
- Sheila, Riley. "8 Tips for Going Paperless". Retrieved 13 November 2006.
- David, Raths. "Go With the Flow". Retrieved 17 April 2007.
- Todd, Natenberg (10 February 2008). "Perceptive's awareness delivers steady growth". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 10 February 2008.
- Jonna, Lorenz (30 April 2010). "Kansas City Business Journal’s 2010 Champions of Business". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- Jonna, Lorenz (12 May 2011). "Luncheon honors area’s best businesses". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Perceptive Software Official Website
- Browse Perceptive Software ImageNow Case Studies
- Perceptive Software ImageNow®
- Perceptive Software LearnMode™ Technology
- Perceptive Software Community Works
- Perceptive Software Educating Excellence
- Perceptive Software InContext Magazine
- Perceptive Software Inspire 2012
- Perceptive Software Facebook
- Perceptive Software Twitter
- Perceptive Software Linkedin