From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Percussion may refer to:
- Percussion instrument, a large group of musical instruments
- Percussion idiophone, a percussion instrument which is beaten with a hand or with a dissimilar, non-sounding beater, as opposed to a concussion idiophone which is beaten against a second similar instrument
- In the Hornbostel–Sachs classification system, percussion refers generally to any object that beats against a dissimilar, non-sounding object, so a clarinet reed is described as percussion while an oboe reed is concussion
- Percussion (medicine), a method of clinical examination
- Percussion cap, an ignition system in firearms
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.