From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perdita (Latin for "lost one"), can mean:
- Perdita (genus), a very small genus of American native bees
- Perdita (The Winter's Tale), the heroine of Shakespeare's play The Winter's Tale
- 'Perdita', a portrait painting of Shakespeare's heroine by Anthony Frederick Augustus Sandys (1866)
- The nickname of Mary Robinson, an 18th-century English actress, poet and mistress of the future George IV, after she played the role in The Winter's Tale in 1779
- An alter-ego of Agnes Nitt, in Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels
- The name of a sky ship in Neil Gaiman's Stardust in which the main characters travel
- In The Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith, Perdita is an adult female liver spotted Dalmatian, found in the road by Mr. and Mrs. Darling and taken in by them to serve as a foster mother for the 15 puppies
- Perdita (moon), a minor satellite of the planet Uranus
- Perdita Felicien, Canadian track athlete
- Perdita Huston, women's rights activist
- Perdita II (foaled 1881), English Thoroughbred racemare
- Perdita Weeks (born 1985), English actress
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.